The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Naismith at half the player he was would be our best by a country mile. 

At his best he would be the best in the country. 

Got to be worth a look. 

Absolutely agree with this and if we're not going to have to pay any of his wages, or even just a small percentage, its relatively risk free surely?

I am not sure how that would work out with tax and insurance. Someone would have to pay that. There is no way it is as simple as turn up and play, HMRC will still want his wage set at a appropriate level and tax paid on that.

I'm not sure why we're discussing this made-up hypothetical. There's nothing in that article to back up their claim. 

I'd take Naismith if we're interested, but I'm not fussed either way; he's not the player he was.

I do not know where you get that from why would HMRC insist on us paying him a wage,or NI contributions?

Do they demand this from all the players at Queens Park,now or ever?

I do not think that is an issue at all if he wants to play for the rest of the season as an unpaid amature what have we got to lose?

33 minutes ago, Barrheadboy said:

I do not know where you get that from why would HMRC insist on us paying him a wage,or NI contributions?

Do they demand this from all the players at Queens Park,now or ever?

I do not think that is an issue at all if he wants to play for the rest of the season as an unpaid amature what have we got to lose?

I will leave this to the money men maybe they will know but I would imagine a professionally listed club can't all of a sudden start employing amateurs for doing the same jobs as professionals. I may be wrong though I am far from a financial genius. In fact the opposite I can't stop money flying out the door.

Naismith isn't what we need long term but might be a decent option till the end of the season, especially if he is going to play for next to nothing. I wanted to get him in during the summer, but after the money we have spent on guys like Pena and Herrera, who have not really worked out, with Naismiths injury problems, I think carries to much of a risk to sign him permanently, as mentioned on another post about Jordan Rossiter.

It does however look to be shaping up as a good transfer window, the signing of Goss was a bit underwhelming, but if he is there to make up the numbers then so be it, I don't think to much is expected of him so he may shine with a bit less pressure, the signing of Jamie Murphy is a great bit of business, if the board can pull of Cummings as well it would be spectacular, the thought of a front 3 of Morelos, Cummings and Murphy is really exciting. I am also glad to here we are going to approach the boy Docherty from Hamilton, every time I have seen him he always gives a good account of himself, reminds me of Kevin Thomson a bit, although he drives forward a bit more.

Anyone heard anymore about Russell Martin, I'm not to fussed if we get him or not, might be good to have another experienced head at the back, it seems to have went quite though.

It will be an interesting second half of the season, if we can find a bit of consistency then we will do well, we need to go on a run.