The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

1 minute ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

It is thought Norwich are happy to let him leave on a free.

Oh I bet they are but I doubt if Naismith is willing to give up 18 months salary for a kiss goodbye on the cheek.

12 minutes ago, Barrheadboy said:

We lost that in 2012 ,we are where we are and perhaps many of our support need to start realizing neither the team ,club or Scottish football are what they were, even 10 years ago.

I realise where we are, although suggesting the club now has no dignity is a bit of a push - we should always strive to be the best.  

It's all about opinions and I'd be happy to take someone like Steven Davis back but Naismith and Whittaker should never be anywhere near the club after that unnecessary press conference.  

I start getting "excited" about Naismith if something actually comes of these rumours.

Murphy and Goss are a decent start, Docherty would also add some steel and drive to midfield. Add Cummings to that list and we're on a good way.

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I realise where we are, although suggesting the club now has no dignity is a bit of a push - we should always strive to be the best.  

It's all about opinions and I'd be happy to take someone like Steven Davis back but Naismith and Whittaker should never be anywhere near the club after that unnecessary press conference.  

Gonzo I believe that last guy that didn’t make a mistake in life got crucified,ever since we have all made mistakes.

Yes what Naisy did was regrettable but surely everyone in life is allowed at least one mistake?

We are surely not so intransigent in our views,or so perfect in everything we have ever done that we cannot give someone a second chance ?

What we as a club did to Scot Simon was probably even worse than what Naisy did,and we all forgave the club for its appalling treatment meted out to a man that had dedicated half his life to Rangers.

Let ya be open minded and if it does happen and he pulls on tha5 sacred jersey let us all get behind him without any rancour.

Edited by Barrheadboy

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I start getting "excited" about Naismith if something actually comes of these rumours.

Murphy and Goss are a decent start, Docherty would also add some steel and drive to midfield. Add Cummings to that list and we're on a good way.

Record seemingly saying Cardiff are in for Docherty. Trying to bump the price up I would imagine.

5 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Naismith at half the player he was would be our best by a country mile. 

At his best he would be the best in the country. 

Got to be worth a look. 

Naismith would be an absolute no-brainer for me.  Better than anything we have even at half the player we sold.  Can play up front and, just as importantly, can play in the "10" role - in his first stint with us his timing of breaking beyond the strikers reminded me of a young Ian Durrant.

Naismith would enhance our first team considerably - I wouldn't even hesitate - couldn't care less what he said back in 2012.

I'll be honest, i've totally forgotten what Naismith said exactly about the Club being dead, but I understand some haven't - can you remind me what he said and when?

We've a threadbare squad and even if he's not as good as he was when he left, I would put money on him being an upgrade on who we do have and could maybe be just the sort of link-up player Morelos would thrive on - especially as with Murphy we should now have better service from the left to compliment Candeias' efforts from the right.

He's not going to play for free but it would appear Norwich are happy to pay for some (or all) of his wages as presumably he's not part of their long term plans. And if Naismith has been sensible with his money, wants to come back to Scotland, its not a big leap to assume he's not going to be wanting top dollar wages from his next deal.

Given where we are, I just don't see a downside to this one but can understand why people hold his comments against him (genuinely can't remember what they were).

3 hours ago, pete said:

I am not sure how that would work out with tax and insurance. Someone would have to pay that. There is no way it is as simple as turn up and play, HMRC will still want his wage set at a appropriate level and tax paid on that.

If he is playing for free there is no tax on it.  He would in essence be donating his services, acting as a volunteer

37 minutes ago, pete said:

Seemingly that playing for free is not wholly accurate. He would still be getting half of the wage from Norwich. That still means that we would not be paying for him, but the poor little boy living without a wage is not true. He would still be the highest paid player at the club.

And there is nothing in the article where Naismith says he would play for free for Rangers - it was the words of the media, not Naismith.