The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 hours ago, buster. said:

He's probably looking at somewhere around a 30K p/wk contract.

Not bad for a lad from Livingston who went down south.

Over about 10 seasons, Arfield has been very consistent.

His application is very apparent :ph34r::D

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, JohnMc said:

It strikes me that we're seeing the Walter Smith guide to rebuilding Rangers. Get a core of experienced, better Scottish players, from down south or rival SPFL sides, add some other British players in as well and then supplement with exciting continentals and emerging youngsters. In his 1st transfer window, the January one, he signed Weir, Ehiogu and Kevin Thomson. Then in the summer he signed Naismith, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Dailly, Whittaker, Steven Davis, McCulloch, Beasley, Darchville and Cousin. 

They strengthened a squad already containing Ferguson, Boyd, McGregor, Hutton, Hemdani, Papac, Novo and Adam.  

We don't have the money to do exactly the same thing but guys like Murphy, Docherty, Jones, Kenny McLean and Kevin McDonald along with possibly Naismith, help achieve a similar thing. Supplement that with a couple of wily French players coming to the end of their careers and I'll expect us to make the Europa League final next season.  

PS, whilst I'm in fantasy mode I also want to see us make a move for Steven Davis again. He's got 18 months left on his contract. Contact him now regarding a summer move, offer the captaincy and a future coaching role at Rangers. He's 33 now so he's probably not got another big move left, but I suspect he'll not be short of suiters if Southampton don't offer him a new deal. Davis is the type of player who can play until for another 3 or 4 years easily. 

I think Davis would jump at the chance to come up here and stop their domestic domination.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

My wife probably has more knowledge about most of the players mentioned here.

Honestly,with very few exceptions, unless they play for Rangers I couldn't comment on any of them as I don't take papers or watch on tv.

Here's hoping though.

Some info from FF about Docherty and Jones ...

Rangers have made contact with Hamilton. Hamilton have named their price. Down to us now.
Docherty is on Clyde phone in tomorrow night.

+

I don't think the price is gonna be a problem with Hamilton. Info today was he would be tied up before next weekend.

+

£600k was a price i've heard.

+ (Info from where?)

From very close to Docherty. Not gonna throw the name on here but the info was that this should be concluded before next weekend.

And Jones will leave Killie this month, for well below 1m ...

There’s a good chance he’ll end up at us. We’ve been in talks with killie about him for afew weeks

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/transfer-target-info-thread.4733/page-6

Hearts manager Craig Levein has contacted Norwich City about the prospect of taking Scotland striker Steven Naismith to Tynecastle.

Naismith, 31, still has 18 months left on his deal with the Championship club but has been told he can leave.

He has not spoken to Hearts but is expected to make a decision about his future over the coming days.

Any move in January is expected to be a loan deal with a decision on his long-term future likely this summer.

Naismith, who has won 45 Scotland caps, has also been linked with moves to his first two clubs, Kilmarnock and Rangers, while a number of Championship clubs in England are also interested in the former Everton striker.

He has only played three times for Norwich this season, after suffering an ankle injury earlier in the campaign, but is now fully fit.

Hearts will be missing striker Kyle Lafferty for their Scottish Cup tie with Hibernian on 21 January after failing to overturn his two-game ban.

On 1/10/2018 at 18:47, Waltersgotstyle said:

I think Davis would jump at the chance to come up here and stop their domestic domination.

I have no idea how much he would cost but that would be a fantastic signing if we could make it happen.

This clamour over a player that hasnt played in 6 months is truly worrying , far too many think hes the same player that we had 5 years ago , hes far from it 

32 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

We cannot let Naisy sign for another Scottish club, it will come back to haunt us.

You reckon? As rbr has just said it's not the Naismith that walked five years ago. He's hardly played for at least 6 months. Hearts are welcome to him