The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

5 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I would still love to see us snap up Naismith. Just to annoy Hearts...

I understand your thinking, but I think him going there will annoy them more.  It won't take long before they realise that we are better at assessing a player than they are.  He's just not very good any more.  He was a very good player, and still can do something for them.  But their fans' expectations of him will very quickly evaporate.

If we spend our admin time on securing Docherty instead, that will prove to annoy them (and all our other nearest rivals) for a long long time.

As for Hyndman, we actually play a system under Murty where he'd fit in nicely and I was disappointed when Rangers denied interest in him.  He was just not physically strong enough to play the role MW had him play in central midfield or the pace to play wide, but he is a very talented player and would be suited to the number 10 role in the 4-2-3-1 system.

Having said that, we now have plenty of attacking options.  Only time will tell if the options we have are good enough.

Remember that Murty was recently with Norwich and no doubt still has good contacts down there. They would have told him all about the current player and had it been good, Murty and Allen would have tried to sign him. The fact that they didn't suggests to me that he is not the player who left us to go to Everton.

A bit of talk about Oli McBurnie of Swansea's u23s, who is out of contract in the summer and he wa stold he can leave. Friend of Jason Cummings, going by their twitterings, and a Bluenose too.

2ef43gp.jpg

No interest  from us reported thus far though.

Anything I have seen about McBurnie has been positive.... worth a punt in the same way someone like Dodoo was ?  And even moreso given he is a bluenose ?  Seems to be the signing policy thus far of Murty & Allen is to bring in guys who have a desire to be a Ranger.

Greg Docherty Update Hamilton Chairman was at a funeral so this has delayed negotiations slightly. However both clubs were talking at 5pm tonight & during this Rangers are expecting to bid for a second time We await news on that - No ‘done deal’ or accepted bid.. Yet 

3 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Greg Docherty Update Hamilton Chairman was at a funeral so this has delayed negotiations slightly. However both clubs were talking at 5pm tonight & during this Rangers are expecting to bid for a second time We await news on that - No ‘done deal’ or accepted bid.. Yet 

Please see the post below for how to post tweets. 

Sorry Frankie, I have no idea what you’re talking about regrading Twitter posts.

Positive discussions had tonight & a deal has been thrashed out to bring Greg Docherty home to his boyhood heroes in the region of £600k It will roll over into tomorrow but hopefully all going well & barring no disasters, Greg will be a Rangers player
Edited by BEARGER