The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Hamilton's was a tale of woe and no mistake.

Bought by Souness as development keeper behind Woods and, I would imagine, Nicky Walker (he could have left by then - always thought he was quite decent in a poor team), Hamilton probably didn't expect to get much first team action and so it proved, until what I dimly recall as a dark winter's evening when for some reason he was the only goalie available as we lined up to play someone, possibly in the League Cup, at Ibrox.

Between me setting off for the ground and me getting there we went out and signed Bonni Ginzburg, and it was the Israeli who indeed ran out to play that very nacht. Hamiton was understandably devastated and, apart from giving my shockingly politically incorrect friend Jim a chance to sing 'Bonni, oh Bonni Bonni, oh Bonni Bonni Ginzberg' to the tune of Hava Nagila for 90 minutes (the novelty wore off quite quickly), the whole move achieved nothing as Ginzburg, who wasn't awful, never really did much for us either.

Bad show, Souey. Man management was really not his forte.

54 minutes ago, Germinal said:

Hamilton's was a tale of woe and no mistake.

Bought by Souness as development keeper behind Woods and, I would imagine, Nicky Walker (he could have left by then - always thought he was quite decent in a poor team), Hamilton probably didn't expect to get much first team action and so it proved, until what I dimly recall as a dark winter's evening when for some reason he was the only goalie available as we lined up to play someone, possibly in the League Cup, at Ibrox.

Between me setting off for the ground and me getting there we went out and signed Bonni Ginzburg, and it was the Israeli who indeed ran out to play that very nacht. Hamiton was understandably devastated and, apart from giving my shockingly politically incorrect friend Jim a chance to sing 'Bonni, oh Bonni Bonni, oh Bonni Bonni Ginzberg' to the tune of Hava Nagila for 90 minutes (the novelty wore off quite quickly), the whole move achieved nothing as Ginzburg, who wasn't awful, never really did much for us either.

Bad show, Souey. Man management was really not his forte.

You talking about Lindsay Hamilton?

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Delighted signing Docherty,if true?, delighted with the way the club has done it's transfer business, credit to them

I was about to write something similar mate. Best window we have had for a long time............ so far anyway! We could be in for a shock and lost Tav Fod and Windass but I dont think so

2 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I was about to write something similar mate. Best window we have had for a long time............ so far anyway! We could be in for a shock and lost Tav Fod and Windass but I dont think so

One thing is for certain there have to be players leaving, however Tav, Fod & Windass will not be leaving unless there is an offer that can't be turned down!, more likely the ''fringe players''........................