The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

54 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Transfer rumours wise, it has gone somewhat quiet. The interesting one popping up is Tyler Roberts, that 18-year old WBA striker, who is out of contract this summer and might be available for a development fee (250k). As in: pre-contract now.

Then there are rumours that we look at a left-sided centre-half to replace Wilson (even though we have cover galore) and a couple of chaps from Brentford (see above somewhere, Rocksport Radio said something about talks next week) as well as Kyle Bartley (on loan) have been whispered about.

Who is our cover for left sided centre half?

Now, I can't exactly give you the source right now, since I read it elsewhere some time ago, but AFAIK Wilson's wife is an US-lass, who gave birth to their son three years ago. It might (sic!) well be that now - nearing pre-school age - the wife wants back to the US of A.

Maybe some details come out on this when it happens, so perhaps we refrain from all the negative speculation for the time being?
The American education system is rotten. Poor decision by his wife if true. They'll probably go private due to their wealth but I don't know if that's any better.

With Bartley, I think we're blinded by that tackle on Broonaldo.

I think he's developed into a solid CB, though; playing regularly at CH-level has elevated him since he was here into probably a first-choice CB.

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

That's subjective; I think he was an elite player. 

He was nothing more than a bit-part player at Milan and PSG. 

Defo subjective.

Would disagree about being bit part though especially Milan. They thought enough of him to bring him back.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

Defo subjective.

Would disagree about being bit part though especially Milan. They thought enough of him to bring him back.

That's the Italian way: crazy squad sizes, playing, and protecting, ageing players in specific games and roles. He didn't play every game; he played sporadically. 

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I would expect every CH we have left?  You don't need a good left foot to be a left-sided CH, do you?

It’s preferable, as it makes defending the near post easier. Aidan Wilson is left footed.

4 hours ago, SlimJim said:

It’s preferable, as it makes defending the near post easier. Aidan Wilson is left footed.

Yeah, probably. But I would assume that any of our remaining CHs (Alves, Cardoso, Bates, Martin, McCrorie, and A. Wilson) can play on the left side of the central defence. Being left-footed will sure suit a left-winger, but it apparently never really hampered people, if they are good enough, like the right-footed  Jamie Murphy? I see your point though.