The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

We shouldn't be selling him in this window.  We need him for the remainder of this campaign both for his goals and for stability of the side.  Comparable or even better offers will come in the Summer window when we have had much more time to seek a replacement and get him settled in.

Why didn't the Chinese side come in at the start of the window?  Any club would surely be happier selling early on, allowing suitable time to find a replacement.  

I really can't see us turning £6m down though.

Can't see us turning that down - especially if our interest in Tyler Roberts can be expedited.

However it will certainly be a risk moving on one of our best players whose contribution has been superb this season.

That has to be a nonsense story right?

If Morelos wanted to go and there was any chance of a fee like that I can't see any club turning that sort of money down, let alone us when we're trying to rebuild.

Players are only worth what someone will pay for them at any one time and as we've found, English clubs see Scotland as some sort of bargain basement store - our club even moreso given what's happened to us. 

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Why didn't the Chinese side come in at the start of the window?  Any club would surely be happier selling early on, allowing suitable time to find a replacement.  

I really can't see us turning £6m down though.

Richer clubs do it if they think the selling club can’t afford to turn it down.

If it was the start of the window we could wait and see if another offer came in, if not we could go back to them.

By placing a bid of this size and at this stage of the window means it is hard to resist. What happens if his form dips like Dembele?

Edited by Waltersgotstyle