The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Do we think that the boy fancies going to China? 

The money might be terrific, but few players seem to last very long there, acculturation being the obvious issue.

The other consideration is that, in China, a player may very well drop off the radar of both Clubs, and International sides.

The worry here is Morelos losing form due to wanting a move, much like Dembele.

I think he'll be worth more in the summer. He has far more creativity and a better all round team behind than the first half of the season so a great chance of more than doubling his tally so far.

I wouldn’t be that fussed if he left for a good price. There’s goals in him for sure, but his first touch is often poor and he doesn’t have the pace for the very top level and his discipline is questionable.

I'm still not sure I'm buying this.

President Xi sees football as a way to push China on as a global player but in nationalist terms, that is he wants them to be dominating Asian football and competing much better at World Cups, and to that end China imposed a 100% tax on transfer fees of foreigners, to encourage investment in Chinese players instead.

£6m for Morelos = £12m in reality and while I like him that does seem rather a lot.

Maybe it's the papers bumming up our player for once.

There is silly money swirling about China at the moment, so I'd make our first dealings with the Chinese an impressive one. Is Morelos worth 6 Million? probably not, but we're in the world of more money than sense so may as well throw the dice. 

That being said he should stick around for the rest of the campaign.