The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

BTW, while adding another striker in case of Morelos' departure is required, we should not forget that we usually play a 1-up-top model and as of now, we have Cummings, Herrera and Miller for that slot, but also Murphy, O'Halloran, Dodoo and Windass able to play as strikers or secondary strikers should we adopt a 2-up-top selection.

Given that Tavernier is suspended, we might either see Hodson as his straight replacement, or indeed go 3-5-2 and have Herrera and Cummings up top, should Alfredo go Chinese. I know many people have written him off, but we have hardly seen Herrera in such a situation for any greater length of time.

38 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

BTW, while adding another striker in case of Morelos' departure is required, we should not forget that we usually play a 1-up-top model and as of now, we have Cummings, Herrera and Miller for that slot, but also Murphy, O'Halloran, Dodoo and Windass able to play as strikers or secondary strikers should we adopt a 2-up-top selection.

Given that Tavernier is suspended, we might either see Hodson as his straight replacement, or indeed go 3-5-2 and have Herrera and Cummings up top, should Alfredo go Chinese. I know many people have written him off, but we have hardly seen Herrera in such a situation for any greater length of time.

I think you’d get the best out of Herrera if paired with Cummings, it would be a big man - wee man partnership which would suit his style far more than being a lone striker. However I’m not at all convinced the “best of Herrera” is very good. Morelos is a unique app round striker and very hard to replace imo.