The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 minutes ago, craig said:

I think Murty is a different breed in that regard though.  He seems completely ambivalent to a player's age and standing.  Seems to me to have the "if hes good enough hes old enough" mentality. 

Whilst not technically bringing McCrorie in he has stuck by him.  He threw Barjonas into the mix at Easter Road when we were under pressure, and has used him in other games.  Happy enough to use Bates too.

I think this lad stands a better chance of 1st team football under Murty than he would have under Murty's 2 predecessors.

SlimJim, you need to curtail the superlatives.... or I will actually start believing we have a tremendous talent on our hands and start to get excited about our scouting department....

Get on Youtube!

21 minutes ago, SlimJim said:

He’ll play this season. I’ve been watching him through the ranks at Scotland level. Very quick, great physique, finishes from all sorts of range and a natural left footer. Superb.

Slim Jim

You'll have to make allowances for the grumpy and cynical folk (and they know who they are) on here.

Such effusion is rarely seen outside rhedtop gush about fhilthfc's latest wunderkind, or superstar, or supernova, snatched from under the noses of Real Madrid and two dozen or so other major sides from all of Europe's top leagues.

Edited by Uilleam

It’s the way to go. It’s at that age you can get the best value. I’d advocate far more money being spent on 16-19 year olds. The youth team should be full of internationals and future title winners, not random kids who’d just make the bench at Stenhousemuir. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

So is Kal Naismith another player we underestimated, like Fleck? If he’s out of contract in the summer he’s probably a better player to have on the bench than the likes of Kranjcar and Herrera. 

Look at the amount of games both him and Fleck played post leaving us allowing them to develop. Nobody would be happy giving a player for us that much time to develop.

Seperate related point but this is what still annoys me greatly about our div 2 back to prem period. This was the time to blood young players but nope we just signed a boat load of mercenaries on stupid money instead.

Kai Naismith never done much with us, even in Division 3. He's playing well in League Two, but I don't think we lost anything there. 

But, Fleck was a real talent; he played a few games for us in the SPL. We were too impatient with him -- he left when he was 20! Were we really expecting him to stroll about like a top-quality, first-team player at that age?! I was astonished we let him go at the time; I'm still a wee bit miffed.  

I do note that he has been playing deeper than he ever did with us. He's still only 26: I'd take him now! 

1 hour ago, craig said:

I think Murty is a different breed in that regard though.  He seems completely ambivalent to a player's age and standing.  Seems to me to have the "if hes good enough hes old enough" mentality. 

Whilst not technically bringing McCrorie in he has stuck by him.  He threw Barjonas into the mix at Easter Road when we were under pressure, and has used him in other games.  Happy enough to use Bates too.

I think this lad stands a better chance of 1st team football under Murty than he would have under Murty's 2 predecessors.

SlimJim, you need to curtail the superlatives.... or I will actually start believing we have a tremendous talent on our hands and start to get excited about our scouting department....

He also said he was a left footer. He will have Gonzo chewing on the arm of the chair with that one.:D