The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

I think he's just pointing out that a striker 4 years older than Morelos with a pretty average scoring record in the championship has gone for £10m, £2m more than was offered for Morelos. 12 goals in 44 last season, 8 in 27 this season.

For once Sutton is right, Scottish clubs are letting players go too cheaply.

Just now, DMAA said:

I think he's just pointing out that a striker 4 years older than Morelos with a pretty average scoring record in the championship has gone for £10m, £2m more than was offered for Morelos. 12 goals in 44 last season, 8 in 27 this season.

For once Sutton is right, Scottish clubs are letting players go too cheaply.

Glad someone is on the ball :thup:

I still think he will go , we are making all the right noises about not having to sell him , in fact if it was me I wouldn't sell him , however at the end of the dat , el buffalo is 21 , has no emotional ties to us is very possibly supporting his entire family and the money being offered will be massive compared to what he's on with us , so I expect him gone for around the £10 million mark .

9 minutes ago, rbr said:

I still think he will go , we are making all the right noises about not having to sell him , in fact if it was me I wouldn't sell him , however at the end of the dat , el buffalo is 21 , has no emotional ties to us is very possibly supporting his entire family and the money being offered will be massive compared to what he's on with us , so I expect him gone for around the £10 million mark .

I think it makes a lot of sense to cash in, but given we didn't manage to bring in a replacement I'd be disappointed if he goes before the summer.

Thing is he hasn't looked as good the past few weeks as he did at the start. He seems to miss a boat load of chances for everyone that goes in. Personally i would have taken the 8mil.

We are more light in center forwards than i expected but still if he either doesn't play as regularly or has a poor run in we wont get 8mil for him in the summer. Of course if he starts banging them in again we might get more!

I know i will get abuse for this but reality is we wont win the league this year, second place is what we must get. And 8mil in the bank to spend in the summer would make a huge difference to next years title run. 

Just now, BeardyGuts said:

Thing is he hasn't looked as good the past few weeks as he did at the start. He seems to miss a boat load of chances for everyone that goes in. Personally i would have taken the 8mil.

I'm glad that he's getting those chances to miss....it shows that he's getting into the right positions etc.  

I'm sure you'll find that most successful strikers miss the majority of their chances.  The more chances he gets, the more he will actually put them away.

But the manager/club has already said they don't need to sell, the manager wants to keep him and try and improve him so if he is worth £8m now then he will be worth more with improvement! selling him now without a replacement is just selling for the sake of cash! who is to say he won't get even better and therefore more valuable? we need to secure 2nd place in the league and try and win the Scottish cup and getting into Europe.