The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

But the manager/club has already said they don't need to sell, the manager wants to keep him and try and improve him so if he is worth £8m now then he will be worth more with improvement! selling him now without a replacement is just selling for the sake of cash! who is to say he won't get even better and therefore more valuable? we need to secure 2nd place in the league and try and win the Scottish cup and getting into Europe.

We will have to give him a wage increase if we want to keep him happy until the summer.

4 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

We will have to give him a wage increase if we want to keep him happy until the summer.

Maybe? but he has only been here for 6 months, not sure the precise length of contract but I will guess he has still a couple of years to go?. Anyway, we just have to trust the manager/board to keep the guy happy, luckily none of has that to do!.

33 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I'm glad that he's getting those chances to miss....it shows that he's getting into the right positions etc.  

I'm sure you'll find that most successful strikers miss the majority of their chances.  The more chances he gets, the more he will actually put them away.

There's truth in that. And the big thing post transfer window is that the team behind him is stronger, will have more possession and create more chances for him. If he gets his head right his goals ratio should improve post January transfer window.

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

A 7 million plus profit on a player in 6 months would be exceptional.

If he is staying we should get him on a new deal he only signed for 3 years i think.

Agreed.  Its like what we mentioned about Jordan Jones and the way Killie rejected out bid so publicly and essentially stated they felt he was worth £1m?  If that is the case, are they reflecting his value in his wage packet?   The same logic would apply to how we are remunerating Morelos.   Keep him motivated, let him develop, give him a rest (i.e. when Cummings is fit enough to start) and lets see if he can't kick on and push that value up and over £10m.

7 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

A 7 million plus profit on a player in 6 months would be exceptional.

If he is staying we should get him on a new deal he only signed for 3 years i think.

3 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Agreed.  Its like what we mentioned about Jordan Jones and the way Killie rejected out bid so publicly and essentially stated they felt he was worth £1m?  If that is the case, are they reflecting his value in his wage packet?   The same logic would apply to how we are remunerating Morelos.   Keep him motivated, let him develop, give him a rest (i.e. when Cummings is fit enough to start) and lets see if he can't kick on and push that value up and over £10m.

It's a good point. Don't annoy him by publicly valuing him so high but privately paying him as a £1m player. The wage rise would pay for itself in performances, and adding a year or two to his deal will add to his value. 

Edited by DMAA

54 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Maybe? but he has only been here for 6 months, not sure the precise length of contract but I will guess he has still a couple of years to go?. Anyway, we just have to trust the manager/board to keep the guy happy, luckily none of has that to do!.

Yeah - I'm not saying we must do it. However it would be a bit of a sweetener for him and his agent as we look set to block what could be life changing amounts of money for him and his family. I expect this type of business will be done behind closed doors though.

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Yeah - I'm not saying we must do it. However it would be a bit of a sweetener for him and his agent as we look set to block what could be life changing amounts of money for him and his family. I expect this type of business will be done behind closed doors though.

I don't think the club will be blocking anything.....I think they will be telling him that if he continues his current form, or improves it, the quality of team pursuing him will improve and he will get a better move in the summer.