The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Lets not talk about signing players that play one good game against us. We have burnt our fingers on that one often enough.

I would usually agree if he was just a Hibs player, but the lads is a Man City youth player with 8 caps for England u20s - see Patrick Roberts.

A lot of talk about signing Mcginn but he will probably go to the *******s. I will give you a better option who can pass a ball

He is from New Zealand so there is no language barrier and this film is from 2015 he has improved immensity and taking the game by storm in Holland. Far better than McGinn in my eyes. PS. Only 23.

Funnily enough I was reading an article about him a couple of months back and how he's playing a bit deeper. Well worth a closer look IMO.

Reading through this I fear not many understand the DOF role and the thinking behind it.

It is for the very reasons we find ourselves in that we have a DOF , managerless but the show goes on.

Managers can come and go however the philosophy and method of play and players required remains consistent .

Any manager coming in will be made aware of the way the club operates and have to work within those structures.

Some of the most successful clubs in the world work using this principle.

The coaching staff identify a particular part of the team that needs strengthening the characteristics of a player his attributes,his skills his attitude will already have been mapped out long beforehand for every position and every age group.

Graeme Murty has already said he has had talks with DOF about areas that need strengthening.

What usually happens DOF goes and gets several options all with agreed skill sets and then manager makes final choice though not always the case at some of biggest clubs eg Chelsea where owner sometimes picks and buys his favourite eg.Andriy Shevchenko

Edited by Barrheadboy

Pete that boy from Zwolle looks half decent, although if he is that good its unlikely we would be able to get him, definitely the type of player we should be looking at though.

I would hope we are looking at players to scoop up on pre contracts, there is a part of me that hopes we go for walker, Mcarthur, McBurnie and Morgan, just because they are rangers fans (I know that's daft), don't think you can have enough of that in a team, as far as mcarthur is concerned you would be hoping he takes a wage cut. Morgan might benefit from another year somewhere, but we should be trying to get young talent in as well and can't be any worse than Nemane or Dalcio, iv been really impressed with the guys coming through, Hardie is one that I'm still not sure about though, I worry that he might be one of these guys that is great at youth level but just can't quite make the step up to first team, hopefully he does though, he is a natural finisher.

The January window will be interesting especially if we don't have a manager, I wouldn't expect us to buy anyone unless we have a manager in place, however I could see us signing pre contracts if Mark Allen thinks they would add value to the squad and there are players out of contract in the summer.

I think if Ryan Thomas goes now he will probably only be a couple of million euro's at most. Transfermarket has him at 1.13 but he is in fantastic form at the moment helping take normal relegation candidates up amongst the big guy;s,

I will also say take a look at AZ at the moment 2nd in the league with virtually all young players. AZ have probably the best academy in Holland at the moment followed by Ajax. It was Feynoord for years but it is the same with everything in finding the right time to update. I don't want to say too much as I am going to try and write a piece on my views of Dutch Football shortly.:)

What we need is a good strong half back and two good full backs

I wouldn't say no, but I actually think our defence is passable at present. I think our most pressing needs are more options up front and especially in midfield.

Edited by Rousseau