The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

for teams down south, a fee of £3m for Windass should not be a problem.  For many/most teams in the Prem/Champ that's pocket change, but they think cause the market up here is so lacking in cash, that they can get away with cut price offers.

If I was Rangers, I'd slap a price tag of £5m (min) on Windass, looking to accept anything above £3m for him,  They also need to get "increased" figures out into the media.

Lifted from FF:

Hamilton Accies vice-chairman Les Gray says speculation surrounding Greg Docherty’s future is just that – and there have been no serious offers.

The midfielder is in demand at the moment, with Rangers, Cardiff City and Preston North End allegedly in the chase for his signature.

However, Gray says Doc recently signed a two-and-a-half year contract extension at the SuperSeal and is their player until something changes.

Gray also said there have been no offers for midfielder Ali Crawford or club captain Michael Devlin, who are both out of contract in the summer.

He said: “We won’t comment on things like that until there is something to say. There is always speculation surrounding these players.

“Ali Crawford and Michael Devlin are out of contract at the end of the season, and Greg Docherty is doing very well, so there will be interest. He recently signed a new extension for two and a half years, so it’s just speculation.

“Nobody is going anywhere unless we receive an offer that is acceptable, and that hasn’t happened.

“Ali and Michael are a bit different because they are out of contract at the end of the season but until we receive an offer that is acceptable there is nothing to talk about, and there is nothing on the table that is worth considering.

“Until somebody comes up with a number that says ‘we’ll take him in January’ there is nothing to talk about.

“We’re going to get this speculation for another week until the January transfer window closes.

“Nothing changes, they are ours until the end of the season.”

Manager Martin Canning on Monday said it’s business as usual for Docherty.

He said: “It’s not something just now that is anything to talk about.

“You see the reports and what people are saying, but as far as everything is concerned here it’s business as usual.

“We work away, Greg is still very much a Hamilton player, and is in preparation for the Scottish Cup fourth round match at Motherwell on Saturday.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hamilton-vice-chairman-les-gray-11865543

Edited by ian1964

14 minutes ago, Frankie said:

@ian1964sorry to keep moaning but that doesn't have the source link.  Lifting from FF isn't the same as providing a link to the source publication material (i.e. not FF but the newspaper it's been taken from).  :)

So I can't post an article from the likes of FF unless I provide the link to the outlet?, seems a bit daft, that means I have to search through all the papers to find the source!

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

So I can't post an article from the likes of FF unless I provide the link to the outlet?, seems a bit daft, that means I have to search through all the papers to find the source!

It's not daft - it's a copyright issue.

44 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Fair enough, I will just cut back on posting articles, feck trawling through all the papers:D 

stop yer moaning Ian, what else have you got to do all day :D

Only joking mate, I appreciate all your posts on here and updates, I sometimes go on FF but would much rather read your updates here :notworthy: