The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

1 minute ago, Craigy1881 said:

we already have 5 do we not?  Dalcio, Murphy, Martin, Cummings & Goss.  Or can you only play four?

It's difficult to find the precise ruling for the SPL since it becomes infiltrated by the EPL rulings.  For the EPL it says this.

Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time. - The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

Four Lads Had A Dream

The ‘Rumour’ is an agreement IS in place & now up to us to firm this up with a bid which we have indicated we will do. 

This would be to move player immediately. Rangers & Hamilton have spoken today.Tomorrow should be an interesting day

Know absolutely nothing of Hyndman rumour

Four Lads Had a Dream

Greg Docherty rumours intensifying, Rangers met Hamilton today & some are suggesting a deal has been struck Definitely ‘Rumours’ at this stage & nothing concrete Fingers crossed as he would be another great capture!

Four Lads Had a Dream
The ‘Rumour’ is an agreement IS in place & now up to us to firm this up with a bid which we have indicated we will do. This would be to move player immediately. Rangers & Hamilton have spoken today.Tomorrow should be an interesting day Know absolutely nothing of Hyndman rumour

The answer on the number of loans is 5.

A quick browse pulls up this : https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat24july201_1502440056.pdf

Page 123, Regulation 61 states :

"Subject to these Regulations, the maximum permitted number of Players permitted
to become Scottish FA Registered to a Club on the basis of Standard Temporary
Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined during the period from 1
st
July in any calendar year to 30th
June (inclusive) in the following calendar year is
five (emphasis added by craig)."

There are a bunch of other regulations on pages 122 and 123 but they related to loans between Scottish teams, which don't affect us given all our loans are "foreign" loans.

Canaries swoop

Norwich City ready to pip Rangers to Kenny McLean as Canaries ready £500,000 bid for the Aberdeen star

SunSport understands the English Championship side want the midfielder in this window rather than wait to land him on a free in the summer.

Exclusive
By Robert Thomson
16th January 2018, 10:30 pm

NORWICH CITY are ready to launch a £500,000 raid on Aberdeen for Kenny McLean.

SunSport understands the English Championship side want McLean in this window rather than wait to land him on a free in the summer.

Kenny McLean

Kenneth Ramsay (Photography) - The Sun - Contributor

Dons star McLean is wanted by Norwich in £500,000 deal now

Norwich boss Daniel Farke has had McLean watched several times this season, and believes he can help his team in their play-off push.

With several clubs interested in Scotland star McLean, Farke wants to act now to get his man.

The 26-year-old has been a long-time Rangers target and was the subject of several bids last summer from then boss Pedro Caixinha.

But a £300,000 offer wasn’t enough to prise him away from Pittodrie.

It had been expected Rangers would make an attempt to open talks with McLean about signing a pre-contract before the end of this campaign.

But with Norwich poised to come in and offer a route to England, their hopes of landing him now appear scuppered.

Aberdeen had hoped to persuade McLean to sign a new deal, but the ex-St Mirren star indicated last November he was determined to to move on in the summer.

The Dons will have to decide whether to cash in now — or hang on to one of their most highly-rated stars and then lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.

James Maddison

PA:Empics Sport
Former Dons loan star Maddison is wanted by Tottenham and Liverpool

Aberdeen signed McLean from the Buddies for £175,000 in 2015, so stand to make a healthy profit on the transfer if they do a deal with Norwich now.

Ironically, Canaries boss Farke could lose key midfield star James Maddison in this transfer window.

Maddison, 21, who had a successful loan spell at Aberdeen last season, is wanted by Tottenham and Liverpool, with Manchester City also tracking the youngster.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2102101/kenny-mclean-norwich-city-aberdeen-500000/

I have totally no problem we will not sign McLean. He has not impressed me at all.

Worth noting apparently development loans (of which Dalcio is one) are not included in the five...

I'd be very surprised if we re-signed Hyndman but I guess he may be being considered an alternative to Docherty should that transfer not go through.  Hyndman did very well initially in his last loan spell but then lost form and seemed to struggle with the physical side.  Because of that I'm not sure he'd be brought back but I guess you should never say never...

It’s funny how every bid Rangers have rejected is “booted out” and every player we have been linked to in the past, we are “beaten to” when someone else signs them - even if we aren’t interested.

Hyndman would be a good No.10, but I agree I'm not sure he's needed. I think he's a very good wee player.

I'm not interested in another loan - at least not one without the permanent option at the end.