The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

17 minutes ago, colinstein said:

Tavs on his way ?........https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/01/blogs/scottish-premier-league/tavernier-heading-for-the-exit/

James Tavernier is heading for the Rangers exit door after rejecting the chance to hold new contract talks with the club, according to Football Insider.

The football news site claim that Ibrox chiefs want to tie the right-back down to a new deal to replace his current agreement, which expires in the summer of 2019.

Football Insider re

No idea if this is a reliable source or not!, however I hope he stays, he is easily the best RB in the league!, or we get a fortune for him

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I'd like to think we could realise a decent fee for all.  In terms of a replacement right back then Chris Cadden (at Motherwell) and Cammy Kerr (at Dundee) will probably interest Murty.

Chris Cadden is a winger is he not?

Does anyone know if the Ross County right back Jason Naismith is any good? I've only seen clips from highlights but he seems a good prospect. Having said that St Mirren let him go so can't be as good as he looks from those clips.

27 minutes ago, colinstein said:

Tavs on his way ?........https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/01/blogs/scottish-premier-league/tavernier-heading-for-the-exit/

James Tavernier is heading for the Rangers exit door after rejecting the chance to hold new contract talks with the club, according to Football Insider.

The football news site claim that Ibrox chiefs want to tie the right-back down to a new deal to replace his current agreement, which expires in the summer of 2019.

Football Insider re

Hope that's not true. Nothing devalues a player more than refusing to sign a new contract. If he cares about Rangers he'll sign a new deal so when it's time to move on we get the money we desperately need for him.

Edited by DMAA

I'd like Tav to stay, personally.  But there have been noises for a while about him wanting to head back south so its not a surprise to hear clubs are showing interest, especially after his performance in the last OF game.

Just now, pete said:

That guy O'Hara who played RB for Dundee and scored twice against us looked good going forward. Can he defend. Also I actually thought he was a striker.

Given our recent signings (Declan, Sean, etc), I think an O'Hara and O'Halleron combination up the right flank might be just too much for some fans... 

18 minutes ago, pete said:

That guy O'Hara who played RB for Dundee and scored twice against us looked good going forward. Can he defend? Also I actually thought he was a striker.

His performances and facial expressions when he plays us make me think he hates Rangers.

CELTIC’S hopes of keeping Moussa Dembele have been boosted:lol: as Brighton look to tie up a deal for another target.

Reports claim the Seagulls are closing in on deal for PSV striker Jurgen Locadia worth £14.1million.

Soccer Football - Champions League - Paris St Germain vs Celtic - Parc des Princes, Paris, France - November 22, 2017 Celtic’s Moussa Dembele REUTERS/Charles Platiau Copyright: CHARLES PLATIAU
Chris Hughton has been linked with an £18million move for the Hoops hitman during this transfer window.

The Frenchman has interested some top clubs in the UK and abroad.

However, the Premier League new boys are now closing in on the Eredivisie striker.

Fellow English side Stoke City watched the Hoops star in the 0-0 draw with Rangers in the final game before the winter break.

But Potters boss Mark Hughes has since been sacked and replaced by ex-Hoops midfielder Paul Lambert.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1991075/celtic-transfer-news-erik-sviatchenko-liam-henderson/