The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

21 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Definitely looks to have some potential.  Looks strong and has some pace plus I noticed that in his assist against us he didn't even waste time looking up before making the pass.  Good positional awareness and he did the same thing in the goal he scored against Motherwell.

Just ran wide to get past the defender and whacked it in from an acute angle without wasting even a fraction of a second to look up.

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Hopefully Cummings develops into a ready made replacement and we then use a chunk of the barrowload to find another Morelos.

I think it is clear from last night that Cummings is not going to be a replacement for Morelos.

He's not as strong as Morelos and looks like he will have to play as one of two up front whereas Morelos can easily play up front alone.

7 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Last night’s goalscorer Alfredo Morelos, who appeared in a TV show in his homeland Colombia to speak of his hopes of moving to the Barclays Premier League this summer, was another example

“Unless someone walks in with a barrowload of cash – and a big barrowload – he [Morelos] will be a Rangers player. But I want players who have aspirations to be in a better place. Hopefully we can get better at Rangers but the big prize is to play in the Premier League. If we have someone good enough to go there, it’s fantastic for us. Hopefully [Docherty] another bit of business for another young hungry player desperate to enhance our group.”

If Morelos wants such a move then I think he needs to score about another 10 - 12 goals in the league for a start.

I was interested to note this, in Bearger's 'lift' from The Gherald:

“Greg is now in the hands of Rangers,” Hamilton chairman Ronnie MacDonald had said earlier in the day. "The financial agreement has been signed by both clubs, so it's up to Rangers to contact him and arrange a medical. Rangers have acted really well on this. The finishing line has been far away at times, but we got there.”

(My emphasis)

Of course, it shouldn't have to be said,  but , in the light of sellik minded managers -and sundry empty vessels, echoing each other, in the various mhedia- complaining to the contrary, it is refreshing.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think it is clear from last night that Cummings is not going to be a replacement for Morelos.

He's not as strong as Morelos and looks like he will have to play as one of two up front whereas Morelos can easily play up front alone.

I’ll be honest, I really want impressed by 

Cummings last night. Morelos coming off put the pressure off Aberdeen’s defence as Morelos has a good chance of challenging for headers whilst Cummins wasn’t even close. He also ran about like a headless chicken.

55 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Rangers fan: 'I'd like to get Cummings through the door; good player'

*plays 15 minutes*

Rangers fan: 'He's f*ckin' sh*te!'

:roflmao:

typical assessment from some of fans :sigh: