Milne interview

I'm guessing there's an acceptable level of communication between clubs and targets which takes place everywhere- i.e. there's initial chat to see if they'd be open to a formal approach. That stuff presumably goes on all the time and makes sense to save a lot of wasted time. If they're interested, it gets formalised, if not, they move. I'm guessing "tapping up" these days refers to some sort of line being overstepped without someone's club being involved?

I'm guessing there's an acceptable level of communication between clubs and targets which takes place everywhere- i.e. there's initial chat to see if they'd be open to a formal approach. That stuff presumably goes on all the time and makes sense to save a lot of wasted time. If they're interested, it gets formalised, if not, they move. I'm guessing "tapping up" these days refers to some sort of line being overstepped without someone's club being involved?

Agents will talk to each other all the time.....

I believe it's naïve to believe that there was not at least indirect contact between the club and McInnes.

Of course there is. Agents from both sides have that all sussed out before the clubs are contacted.

Lets see how long the board at Aberdeen stand by their manager when he hits a bad run of results

To a degree, they've boxed themselves into a corner and he'd probably be allowed a fair bit of grace.

I think the sheep would actually have been better off changing manager. That isn't having a go at McInnes, just that things do come to an end eventually and it might have been better to pre-empt this.

It'll be interesting if he can maintain the consistency of results of previous years. It'll be more of a challenge, given there are better teams in the league now.

To a degree, they've boxed themselves into a corner and he'd probably be allowed a fair bit of grace.

I think the sheep would actually have been better off changing manager. That isn't having a go at McInnes, just that things do come to an end eventually and it might have been better to pre-empt this.

It'll be interesting if he can maintain the consistency of results of previous years. It'll be more of a challenge, given there are better teams in the league now.

It wouldn't surprise me if Aberdeen finished as low as 4th behind Celtic, us and Hibs - and possibly even St Johnstone.

That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if they finished above us :D

It wouldn't surprise me if Aberdeen finished as low as 4th behind Celtic, us and Hibs - and possibly even St Johnstone.

That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if they finished above us :D

Looking at the past season and a half, the sheep are the team that go on consistent winning runs, not us.

By the end of this month, we'll have a better idea of how the land lies.