[FT] Hibernian 1 - 2 Rangers (Windass 42; Morelos 45)

STV news sports section led with the match. They'd an interview with Lemmon moaning about the penalty incident, showed the goals, then the denied penalty. There was not a single word about Rangers being denied a stonewaller.

This is where we fail. Why didn't Murty mention it ?

I can't help but think this is another failure from our PR people. It would have been obvious that there would be questions about the handball and about Hibs being unlucky. Murty should have been briefed about the shirt pull and told to answer the first question with something along the lines that if the officials had did their job given the penalty and sent the offender off it would have been a completely different game. It would also have preempted Hibs complaints about the handball, as it is we have given them a free pass.

Edited by Calgacus
grammar

Ain't it good to know that you have the full backing of your boss?

Hibs boss Neil Lennon brands goalkeeper Ofir Marciano 'unprofessional' for his part in Rangers winning goal

Israeli shostopper slated for not staying on his feet and stopping Alfredo Morelos' winner for Graeme Murty's side.

Neil Lennon has hit out at the “unprofessional” goalkeeping from Ofir Marciano that allowed Rangers to claim a 2-1 triumph at Easter Road.

The Israel keeper was beaten at his near post by Ibrox forward Alfredo Morelos as he smashed home a powerful drive on the cusp of half-time.

Hibs boss Lennon reckons the strike was preventable and also questioned Marciano’s part in Josh Windass’ leveller.

Lenny said: “I think Ofir needs to do better with both the goals and he knows that.

“I think he has just guessed for the second one. That’s unprofessional from him.

“There was maybe a lack of concentration from us before half-time. We should really be coming in at 1-1. The equaliser is a good hit but I don’t think it is going in the corner.

“However, the second goal is really preventable. Firstly, from Paul [Hanlon] maybe not diving in and certainly from Ofir gambling. You can’t do that at this level. If he stands up, then he saves it.”

While Lennon acknowledged Hibs’ failing at the back, he was pleased with their overall performance.

His side struck the post twice through Brandon Barker and were denied a late penalty kick when David Bates handled the ball in the box.

Lennon praised the Manchester City loan star who tormented the Gers backline after coming on to replace Oli Shaw after 50 minutes at Easter Road.

Lenny said: “It’s the best I’ve seen him. He had a niggle before the game and we wanted to freshen things up.

“But he came on and was sensational in the second half. He was so unlucky to then hit the post twice.

“The first one goes across the line, bounces out, then he beats the keeper all ends up and it hits the post again. It just wasn’t to be.”

Meanwhile former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher has backed Lennon’s claim Hibs should have had a spot-kick in the clash.

He said: “I think the fact he leans in and makes sure that he blocks the ball with his arm – it’s a penalty.”

Obviously, "Lenny" has been a good goalkeeper and a wealth of experience in such situations. And you wonder what Dermot thought of the tuck on McCrorie's shirt, if he was actually asked that question ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-brands-11698151

I don't think anyone is claiming it wasn't a penalty, but when you're denied a load yourself as well as a load of other terrible decisions against us, then no-one at Rangers is going to lose sleep over it. It doesn't even even things up by a long shot.

I don't think anyone is claiming it wasn't a penalty, but when you're denied a load yourself as well as a load of other terrible decisions against us, then no-one at Rangers is going to lose sleep over it. It doesn't even even things up by a long shot.

You're right and I don't read or hear any bears arguing about... was it or wasn't it a pen? It wont change the result on the night or even begin to address the discrepancies Rangers have faced in games this season, a possible red card and penalty in this game too, where we seem to be the recipient of much harsher judgement calls. So what is the point of it all then? Is it an attempt to influence the CO to discipline the lad for something that was missed by the officials during the game or is it just another attempt at denigrating anything Rangers?

Edited by Big Jaws

Ain't it good to know that you have the full backing of your boss?

Obviously, "Lenny" has been a good goalkeeper and a wealth of experience in such situations. And you wonder what Dermot thought of the tuck on McCrorie's shirt, if he was actually asked that question ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-brands-11698151

keeper anticipated a cross but Morelos scored at the near post

keeper anticipated a cross but Morelos scored at the near post

No doubt about that, Alfredo did it earlier in the season. But the reaction from "Lenny" is rather peculiar.

Anyway, I am still baffled that McGinn got a free-kick out of this challenge against McCrorie ...

... and the latter was booked for it.

Edited by der Berliner

No doubt about that, Alfredo did it earlier in the season. But the reaction from "Lenny" is rather peculiar.

Anyway, I am still baffled that McGinn got a free-kick out of this challenge against McCrorie ...

... and the latter was booked for it.

It wasn't a foul, but McCrorie wasn't booked for the challenge, he was booked for kicking the ball away.