Hibernian 1 - 2 Rangers: Player Ratings and MotM Poll

Once we tackled the tactical deficiencies, I thought John and Tavernier did OK. McCrorie was better than a 6, I thought.

Herrera deserves an extra point or two for doing a job: wasting time, drawing fouls, pressing the defenders etc. He's not the greatest but I thought he was just what we needed there.

Foderingham deserves MotM!

I thought McCrorie did well but, like most of the team, was guilty of giving the ball away too much. Defensively he did fine but has to learn when to stand off a tackle.

Generally he's doing very well but last night he wasn't quite as good as he's been which is why I offered the 6...

Good news is we have Jack back for Saturday so it might be a good chance to rest McCrorie.

I don't normally do this as it is just not my thing but a 4 for Candeias is being very generous. the guy was horrific. Now, everyone can have a bad game but yesterday it looked like he did not give a shit. instead of getting behind the ball he acted as if he was marking a backward pass so as he didn't have to run. He let players walk away from him. He stood and watched while Tavernier tried to deal with 2 players. I gave him minus points in another thread but he did jump for the windass goal so maybe a 1 or 2 was more realistic. If that is his reaction to a few games on the bench then I will be looking for a January exit and I really liked him until now. He has been one of our best players.

I don't normally do this as it is just not my thing but a 4 for Candeias is being very generous. the guy was horrific. Now, everyone can have a bad game but yesterday it looked like he did not give a shit. instead of getting behind the ball he acted as if he was marking a backward pass so as he didn't have to run. He let players walk away from him. He stood and watched while Tavernier tried to deal with 2 players. I gave him minus points in another thread but he did jump for the windass goal so maybe a 1 or 2 was more realistic. If that is his reaction to a few games on the bench then I will be looking for a January exit and I really liked him until now. He has been one of our best players.

He didn't play well and continually gave the ball away cheaply but he did work hard up and down the right side so I think it's unfair to suggest he didn't care.

He's been one of our best players this season and it's a shame his form has tailed off over the last game or two. Thankfully he doesn't hide though and is still creating chances and goals.

For the most part, I am in agreement with your ratings. I felt that any one of Holt, Wes or Danny Wilson could have been MOTM. McCrorie was probably better than a 6, and Barjonas was possibly a 5, but it is a hell of a match to get thrown into. Tend to agree with Pete that Candeias had a nightmare last night and 4 is generous. I just feel that we almost need to change the structure to get the best out of him but I am not sure he is that good that it warrants the change. Inconsistency does come with the position (unless you are Brian Laudrup) and he had been one of our most creative players until the need to change to the 4 4 2 diamond. I hope he hasn't taken the huff because there is certainly a role for him and his work rate has helped Tav in shoring up our defensive play on the right hand side.

Candeias had umpteen opportunities to go past a man in the second half and he has the pace to do so but chose not too then made one dreadful pass after another.

He did work hard like the rest of the team but probably still his worse game for us.