It takes a strange unionist to ask a as a really weird, loaded question of a Scot daring to live in another part of the union.

It takes a strange person to argue that a message starting with, "I absolutely detest people... " is not hateful.

And I'm sorry but to say someone is not allowed to have an opinion on something due to where they live, is bigoted in my book.

And then feeling abused when called on it, just takes the biscuit.

Well you made me laugh at the irony of it all. ;)

It will be interesting to see if other unionists back you or are embarrassed of you. :)

As I've said there are valid arguments on both sides of the debate but this kind of stuff is just brings the forum down. .

Edited by calscot

It's the nature of ScotNats to follow a predictable path, of which this thread shows several hilarious examples :) .........

1. Pontificate about the inevitable glories of independence

2. Bristle with indignation when the obvious flaws are pointed out

3. Divert the issue by feigning offence at something trivial

4. Fire off counter measures, usually of a personal & abusive nature

5. Retreat to imaginary moral high ground

Never give these seditious people a minute's peace, never be afraid to face them down. Your children and grandchildren will pay a heavy price if they ever get their way.

Ha ha, you've just described some of the unionist on here.

I'm no Nat or Unionist as I've said many times. And I lean towards Scotland being in the union.

That does tend to expose those who would rather get personal with those they disagree with rather than make a valid argument.

If you would get off your high horse and actually read the posts you would know that and realise that my point of view is that Scotland can be alright as independent but I'm not convinced they should.

As I've said many times, an extremist always sees someone in the middle as an extremist of the opposite end of the spectrum.

Anyway I'll leave you to it. You've no interest in real debate and so it's pointless.

Edited by calscot

It takes a strange unionist to ask a as a really weird, loaded question of a Scot daring to live in another part of the union.

It was a straightforward question. Nothing weird or loaded about it.

It seems entirely valid to me. It was often discussed in pubs, homes and workplaces all over Scotland whenever someone resident outside Scotland (Unionist or Nationalist) stuck their oar in during the run up to September 2014.

It was a straightforward question. Nothing weird or loaded about it.

It seems entirely valid to me. It was often discussed in pubs, homes and workplaces all over Scotland whenever someone resident outside Scotland (Unionist or Nationalist) stuck their oar in during the run up to September 2014.

Do you even read your own posts?

Your second paragraph exposes the irony of your first.

Anyway it's hilarious. You say you're a unionist and then take umbrage at a citizen of the union, living in the union, making reasonable points about the part of the union they come from, where a lot of their family live and where they will probably move back to some time in the future.

To think the issue of independence doesn't affect me is naive in the extreme and highly arrogant.

The massively ironic point is that that shouldn't even matter, I should be able to be from Timbuktu living in Greenland and be able make well reasoned arguments on any any subject, anywhere in the world.

I don't have to be Catalonian to be able to discuss their issues either. Or North Korean or whatever.

If your own opinions are sound then it shouldn't matter a jot as you should easily be able to debate each point as it comes. Obviously you lack confidence in your convictions.

I've explained it several times now but you are obviously too entrenched to even understand the implications of your own posts, nevermind mine.

In what way did my second paragraph contradict the first? I actually backed up the reason for the question.

You are entitled to your opinion and residents of Scotland are entitled to question the validity of your position on the matter.

In what way did my second paragraph contradict the first? I actually backed up the reason for the loquestion.

You are entitled to your opinion and residents of Scotland are entitled to question the validity of your position on the matter.

You backed it up by giving the loaded part...

If it was so simple then why not accept my first simple answer which was, "Yes."?

The validity of my position on the matter? Wtf is that?

The validity of my position is in the points I make.

Your points show that your position as a unionist is invalid as you don't respect the union or even respect the fact that everyone in the Union would be affected by independence.

But if you are questioning where people live rather than the validity of their points, then your own position has absolutely no validity.

You are the one not wanting to answer a simple question, which suggests you are the one with no confidence in your own views.

Can you BE more wrong? I immediately gave a simple answer to your "simple" question.

Please catch up and stop digging a bigger hole.

I hate Scotland? News to me.

I never said I hate people in England sticking their oar in. I merely questioned their standing on the matter of Scottish independence.

You seem to be getting terribly worked up about a valid question. It's quite amusing.