I hate Scotland? News to me.

I never said I hate people in England sticking their oar in. I merely questioned their standing on the matter of Scottish independence.

You seem to be getting terribly worked up about a valid question. It's quite amusing.

Stop deflecting, "simple" questions, in the same format as yours. Yes or no?

You know some people can admit when they are wrong. :D

Ha ha, you've just described some of the unionist on here.

I'm no Nat or Unionist as I've said many times. And I lean towards Scotland being in the union.

That does tend to expose those who would rather get personal with those they disagree with rather than make a valid argument.

If you would get off your high horse and actually read the posts you would know that and realise that my point of view is that Scotland can be alright as independent but I'm not convinced they should.

As I've said many times, an extremist always sees someone in the middle as an extremist of the opposite end of the spectrum.

Anyway I'll leave you to it. You've no interest in real debate and so it's pointless.

goosfraba.jpeg

You backed it up by giving the loaded part...

If it was so simple then why not accept my first simple answer which was, "Yes."?

The validity of my position on the matter? Wtf is that?

The validity of my position is in the points I make.

Your points show that your position as a unionist is invalid as you don't respect the union or even respect the fact that everyone in the Union would be affected by independence.

But if you are questioning where people live rather than the validity of their points, then your own position has absolutely no validity.

Indeed just as it was when you were under the illusion that the Scottish Government paid for free nursing homes and demonstrated in this very thread ignorance of Swinney's folly the Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (and its bastard brother the Additional Dwelling Supplement) in regards to Craig's situation.

Given your previous re your understanding of the shambles of dictating education policy by soundbite and the harm it does to those from the poorest backgrounds while simultaneously benefiting the millionaires and billionaires of Europe along with your fundamentally flawed view of the supposed superiority of Scotland's NHS in comparison to the others in the UK it shouldn't be a surprise to see others not take your points seriously.

I had to fork out £1500 for a dental brace for my 15 year old son.

Who says the NHS is free to all in SNP Scotland?

The reason we had to pay, of course, is we don't live in the SNP heartlands I.e. Unemployed, jakeys, junkies etc

Indeed just as it was when you were under the illusion that the Scottish Government paid for free nursing homes and demonstrated in this very thread ignorance of Swinney's folly the Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (and its bastard brother the Additional Dwelling Supplement) in regards to Craig's situation.

Given your previous re your understanding of the shambles of dictating education policy by soundbite and the harm it does to those from the poorest backgrounds while simultaneously benefiting the millionaires and billionaires of Europe along with your fundamentally flawed view of the supposed superiority of Scotland's NHS in comparison to the others in the UK it shouldn't be a surprise to see others not take your points seriously.

I will apologise once again for getting mixed up about free nursing homes which ironically is quite a normal misconception in England which is used to talk down Scottish independence. As you have demonstrated great immunity to irony, I'm sure that one will be lost on you along with the ability to admit the when you are wrong.

I was also wrong about Scottish stamp duty and again I admitted it and apologised. And I apologise for not always getting everything perfect. But I have to say, if you have to get it right every time, then you must be the biggest hypocrit on here.

What a joke to bring up stuff that someone got wrong and apologised for when you post some really illogical crap and then go mental when the flaws are pointed out.

Ffs if you have a good point then make it instead of nursing your misplaced wrath to keep it warm.

Move on ffs.

As far as I know, in this forum, and any reasonable place, the rules are supposed to be that anyone can post an opinion on anything no matter where they live. It's a debate, there are no consequences.

However you are also incredibly hypocritical in that you don't think a citizen of the union is allowed to talk about the issues of the potential break up of the union. Take your jimmy hat off for goodness sake.

The weird thing is that much of the no campaign was English based. I've seen a ton of copy and paste from English publications on here. You guys have no self awareness whatsoever.

As I keep saying, there is massively, one side of the debate who demonstrate that they can't talk about the issue with any decorum and now there are four that resort to this low brow rubbish.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see what other unionists think about it. I really hope most are cringing. This is embarrassing stuff.

I might not agree with the nats on a lot of stuff, but at least they actually talk about the points instead of this self righteous crap.

I can't believe that a thread can be so derailed by the animosity against a British Scot living in England having the temerity to give reasoned points on Scotland and the union.

The weirdest thing is that I lean towards the union while seeing merit in both sides.

As I say, it brings out the extremists.

A lot of waffle there, calscot. Basically, all you've said is Unionists are strange if they question your standing in these matters due to where you live.

We get it though, you get a say. Not that much of a say though, certainly less of a say than those of us who do live in Scotland.