As far as I know, in this forum, and any reasonable place, the rules are supposed to be that anyone can post an opinion on anything no matter where they live. It's a debate, there are no consequences.

However you are also incredibly hypocritical in that you don't think a citizen of the union is allowed to talk about the issues of the potential break up of the union. Take your jimmy hat off for goodness sake.

The weird thing is that much of the no campaign was English based. I've seen a ton of copy and paste from English publications on here. You guys have no self awareness whatsoever.

As I keep saying, there is massively, one side of the debate who demonstrate that they can't talk about the issue with any decorum and now there are four that resort to this low brow rubbish.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see what other unionists think about it. I really hope most are cringing. This is embarrassing stuff.

I might not agree with the nats on a lot of stuff, but at least they actually talk about the points instead of this self righteous crap.

I can't believe that a thread can be so derailed by the animosity against a British Scot living in England having the temerity to give reasoned points on Scotland and the union.

The weirdest thing is that I lean towards the union while seeing merit in both sides.

As I say, it brings out the extremists.

giphy.gif

I can't believe that a thread can be so derailed by the animosity against a British Scot living in England having the temerity to give reasoned points on Scotland and the union.

The thread is about the SNP budget.

It has been derailed by about 6 separate topics.

Why are you so concerned about this particular tangent? :)

As far as I know, in this forum, and any reasonable place, the rules are supposed to be that anyone can post an opinion on anything no matter where they live. It's a debate, there are no consequences.

I concur.

However you are also incredibly hypocritical in that you don't think a citizen of the union is allowed to talk about the issues of the potential break up of the union. Take your jimmy hat off for goodness sake.

The fact remains you're semi-detached from the reality that is contemporary Scotland.

The weird thing is that much of the no campaign was English based. I've seen a ton of copy and paste from English publications on here. You guys have no self awareness whatsoever.

Well we differ as I where you see English like most Unionists I see British, we're self aware to notice that but alas you appear not too.

As I keep saying, there is massively, one side of the debate who demonstrate that they can't talk about the issue with any decorum and now there are four that resort to this low brow rubbish.

I fail to see any decorum in the constant replies consisting of little more than me,me,me, I,I,I,you,you,you,your,your,your . Your replies more often than not look like an attempt to psychoanalyse and condescend the poster you're quoting.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see what other unionists think about it. I really hope most are cringing. This is embarrassing stuff.

I think most will be thinking wtf are you're on about?

I might not agree with the nats on a lot of stuff, but at least they actually talk about the points instead of this self righteous crap.

LOL, who lacks self-awareness?

Don't be so precious.

The weirdest thing is that I lean towards the union while seeing merit in both sides.

I've yet to see anyone promulgating any merit in Scotland seceding from the Union.

As I say, it brings out the extremists.

People holding strong views is a perfectly normal phenomenon and they aren't necessarily extremists be they Unionists or Nationalists.

I had to fork out £1500 for a dental brace for my 15 year old son.

Who says the NHS is free to all in SNP Scotland?

The reason we had to pay, of course, is we don't live in the SNP heartlands I.e. Unemployed, jakeys, junkies etc

That one's got me baffled Rab --

" Young People

Are you aged 16, 17 or 18 and in qualifying full-time education?

If the answer is YES, then you are entitled to NHS Dental Treatment (young people under 18 do not have to be in education to qualify) "

:confused:

That one's got me baffled Rab --

" Young People

Are you aged 16, 17 or 18 and in qualifying full-time education?

If the answer is YES, then you are entitled to NHS Dental Treatment (young people under 18 do not have to be in education to qualify) "

:confused:

Rab also seems to be insinuating that it depends where you live in Scotland to get free dental care.

Rab also seems to be insinuating that it depends where you live in Scotland to get free dental care.

I can assure you my story is true. I had to fork out £1500. Free Dental Care does not seem to include a dental brace for a 15 year old.

If we were living in a less affluent area I genuinely believe we'd have got the treatment free of charge as it should have been. What am I ( & my wife) both paying taxes for ? To subsidise others, some of whom have no intention of making any sort of contribution it seems.

Of course all of this would never happen if there (God forbid) we get the SNP's iScotland. We'd all be paying thro' the roof for it & would be in a mess like Euro-Ireland know-towing to their German Masters at the ECB

Edited by RANGERRAB

I can assure you my story is true. I had to fork out £1500. Free Dental Care does not seem to include a dental brace for a 15 year old.

If we were living in a less affluent area I genuinely believe we'd have got the treatment free of charge as it should have been. What am I ( & my wife) both paying taxes for ? To subsidise others, some of whom have no intention of making any sort of contribution it seems.

Of course all of this would never happen if there (God forbid) we get the SNP's iScotland. We'd all be paying thro' the roof for it & would be in a mess like Euro-Ireland know-towing to their German Masters at the ECB

Under 16's do not pay for dental treatment mate. Even if you were a millionaire.

Under 16's do not pay for dental treatment mate. Even if you were a millionaire.

Let me assure you I had to.

NHS funding was refused even after an appeal.

Check-ups & subsequent treatment may be free but this is over and above that. Even took it to our local MSP ( who's SNP) and was totally useless. He's Derek MacKay so that probably explains a lot.

Edited by RANGERRAB