Listening to one of them on the wireless he didnt! make much sense when saying something like ,giving public sector a 3 percent rise but cutting the budget to council by between 1 and 1.5 percent that would be less services and a lot of job losses .

Their budget got cut by Westminster so have to make up the shortfall somehow.

Imo not one single worker will move south due to the changes. Have you seen the price of property down there ?

I'm willing to take a bet on that !

I'm willing to take a bet on that !

You'd lose mate. Think about it - give up your nice comfy home up here to move you and your family to some low priced shithole down south just to save a grand or whatever in tax ?

I'll watch the media, you do the same and we'll see if there are any genuine examples.

I've no time for them myself but it's the same anti SNP garbage that always comes out.

When Westminster drags us out the EU that'll be the time to start getting worried.

You'd lose mate. Think about it - give up your nice comfy home up here to move you and your family to some low priced shithole down south just to save a grand or whatever in tax ?

I'll watch the media, you do the same and we'll see if there are any genuine examples.

I've no time for them myself but it's the same anti SNP garbage that always comes out.

When Westminster drags us out the EU that'll be the time to start getting worried.

Not everyone affected has a family.

It also creates a disincentive to come here from elsewhere. What will that do to the economy in the medium term?

Edited by ranger_syntax

A democratic vote decided on our EU status. If anything, Westminster is doing it's best to keep us in the EU.

A democratic vote after a campaign of lies promising milk and honey.

We're only beginning to see what the cost will be.

As to the last sentence, we are leaving. The PM has said so.

It doesn't matter whether you're happy or not, you'll still have to pay up whatever the SNP ask for to put a patch over ten years of fukkups.

I'm convinced we've been dealt some kind of mind controlling substance, the way people tell themselves paying tax is a good thing and are "happy" to hand over their own money on some vague political pretext. Tax is basically theft and it's almost never used efficiently or for the reasons given.

The idea that politicians should be given control over even more money is preposterous when you see the wastage and profligacy perpetrated on the funds they already have.