The tax spending of the SG is mostly on services to the public e.g. NHS, Police, Fire Brigade, Education etc. When I said those not as fortunate as myself I was not just talking about monetary poorer members of society, but those suffering ill health.

I hate that some of my UK taxes goes on things like Trident.

How much more would I be willing to pay? I believe that the SG should have increased the highest band to 50%

So you understand the premise of "brain drain" ?

You also understand that a 50% tax rate means that people spend more of their working life working for the tax system than they do working for themselves ? And you do realise that by doing so..... they are giving their hard earned money to a governmental system that hasn't a clue how to spend those GBP wisely ?

So.... I'm alright Jack ? And fuck everybody else ?

I said earlier in the thread I was happy to pay a wee bit more. That was prior to reading about the figures.

Some of us want to see a bit more focus on economic equality.

I said earlier in the thread I was happy to pay a wee bit more. That was prior to reading about the figures.

But economic equality is clearly coming at a price... the price being that someone in the top tax tier in Scotland is paying more tax than someone in England.

So you understand the premise of "brain drain" ?

You also understand that a 50% tax rate means that people spend more of their working life working for the tax system than they do working for themselves ? And you do realise that by doing so..... they are giving their hard earned money to a governmental system that hasn't a clue how to spend those GBP wisely ?

Brain drain!, Scotland has suffered from that for centuries under Westminster.

50% tax rate payers will still have the lower tax bands first, not 50% on their whole income.

Government system? Not sure what you mean, buts it’s up to us to elect a SG that spends wisely on things that matter to most of us.

Or.... Don't mind helping those who bleed the system dry ?

Same thing, different mouth, same end result !

There are parasites in society that’s not a new thing. The biggest ones being the super rich and multinational companies that avoid paying tax.

What trips to Catalonia have been paid for by Scottish Government?

I have no problem paying extra tax to pay for the others. Don’t mind helping those not as fortunate as myself.

In that case, could you pay mine as well and you could feel doubly generous?

If you want equality, go earn it. After all, everyone has an equal opportunity to be less or more equal. Equality doesn't come free in an SNP baby box, although too many seem to think it should.