As part of the Rangers Archive project, Gersnet Online would like to open the voting for 'Hall of Fame' project.

Obviously, Rangers run their own official Hall of Fame but it would be good to get a flavour of what all online football fans think - as opposed to just Rangers fans and registered users of the official site.

As such, we are looking for eleven initial layers for our inaugural nominations. In essence, a team of the very best Rangers players from 1872 to the present day. From the pioneers such as Moses McNeil and his brother Peter right through to Jim Baxter and Brian Laudrup.

We'd also like to have two non-playing Rangers men to compliment the above players. William Wilton, Bill Struth and Jock Wallace canot be ignored and there are many more to consider alongside the playing greats.

All in all this is a chance for every football fan to vote on their greatest bears to compile a list of the utmost Rangers legends. More news will be available on this venture as we proceed but after the initial vote we'll be looking to our contributors to suggest future recommendations with interesting articles and storis about their own heroes from every era.

Please feel free to make your vote by email to wsf_01@yahoo.co.uk where once this season has ended we'll publicise the inaugural Gersnet legends.

Obviously, it would also be excellent to have a few suggestions in this thread for perusal..

My own nominations will be (in order of playing position):

Andy Goram

John Greig

Richard Gough

Davie Meiklejohn

Stuart Munro

Brian Laudrup

Stuart McCall

Jim Baxter

Davie Cooper

Ally McCoist

RC Hamilton

And my non-playing greats would be:

William Wilton

Bill Struth

Chris Woods

Andy Goram

Stephan Klos

Sandy Jardine

Richard Gough

John Brown

Terry Butcher

Arthur Numan

Brian Laudrup

Trevor Steven

Bobby Russell

Paul Gascoigne

Struart McCall

Jorg Albertz

Giovanni Van Bronkhurst

Ian Durrant

Davie Cooper

Mark Hateley

Ally McCoist

Derek Johnstone

Rod Wallace (very unsung)

Dado Prso

It's funny we've had many good defences but I can't think of too many defenders who are legends. Grieg hung up his boots just before I started really following the games.

Amoruso, Porrini, Moore, MacPherson, Roberson, Stevens, Wright etc, were good but not quite legends.

It's funny we've had many good defences but I can't think of too many defenders who are legends. Grieg hung up his boots just before I started really following the games.

Amoruso, Porrini, Moore, MacPherson, Roberson, Stevens, Wright etc, were good but not quite legends.

How about Bomber?

Chris Woods

Andy Goram

Stephan Klos

Sandy Jardine

Richard Gough

John Brown

Terry Butcher

Arthur Numan

Brian Laudrup

Trevor Steven

Bobby Russell

Paul Gascoigne

Struart McCall

Jorg Albertz

Giovanni Van Bronkhurst

Ian Durrant

Davie Cooper

Mark Hateley

Ally McCoist

Derek Johnstone

Rod Wallace (very unsung)

Dado Prso

I would go with that except Id put Ian Ferguson in - he got all 9IAR medals so deserves it IMO.

If your putting Numan in you have to put Davie Robertson in - He served as good as the dutchman. And maybe a shout for Gary Stevens.

Im not sure about Rod Wallace though - Not quite a rangers legend, id have Michael Mols and Gordon Durie in there ahead of him.

IMO any hall of fame should be resevered for those who gave loyal service and made a difference to Rangers.

So along with those nominated, I think and only IMO, a non-playing nominee should be David Holmes as he transformed not only Rangers but Scottish Football.

As for players, well I think most have been covered, but like to mention Eric Caldow a fantastic player, a true blue gentleman and still a great 'Ranger' to this day.

Cammy F