Cammy, I think that's to do with most people's ages.

We remember the players we have seen. I assume we've had tons of great players over our 134 odd years of illustrious history, but who remembers them enough to compare them?

There's also the theory that even a mediocre team today is full of players far fitter, faster, technically adept and better organised than great players of yesteryear.

The likes of Jay Jay Okocha are doing stuff with the ball now that make some world players of the year in the past look ordinary and what's he ever won?

But I think we mostly remember the players we've seen from our teenage years onwards and especially during successful periods. We also tend to get misty eyed over players who move on to do big things like Gattuso and Van Bronkhurst.

I don't believe that! Great players from the old days would adapt to still be the best in the world today. Yes they would have to be fitter now as they were but they would adapt to that. Even today Pele, Cruijff, Maraddona, Best would be superstars.

Sorry but the guy's who put Gazza in front of Johan Cruijff in their all time greatest must have never seen Cruijff. Gazza could not have laced his boots. In fact putting Gazza in the top 50 of all time greats is being very kind to him imo