Club1872 - Q and A

Those responses are truly pathetic. SR is Bain without a tan, merely doing what he is told to do by the board, without any real input. On all of the companies where I have sat on the board, we largely provided governance and guidance to the executive management team who were provided with the necessary authority to ensure a successful business. If they failed, then the appropriate action was taken. What is SR's mandate? What are his roles and responsibilities? How is he measured? What triggers his bonus?

Generally the number of seats on a board that you are allocated is aligned with your percentage of shareholding. Typically, we would have one seat for every 10% of shareholding held. C1872 needs to stop tugging the forelock and start drilling down into the performance of both the board and the management team and hold them accountable. As the second largest shareholder, board representation should be a given. Although I don't believe that any contributor to C1872 is doing this as an investment (all done for love of Rangers), C1872 almost needs to take on the role of an Asset manager who has invested into a stock on behalf of their investors. They would not reveal privileged information to their stakeholders but are able to decide whether to buy more shares or hold if they are uncomfortable with the answers. Obviously they (C1872) are not going to sell but in my opinion, there is zero point in increasing shareholding if they are going to be treated with complete disdain by the existing board. Even if C1872 became the largest single investor in Rangers at the next share offering, what would be the point if we are still unable to access real answers or be treated in the same manner that King shows to his remaining individual investors. Does anyone think that Julian Wolhardt would be satisfied with those answers had he asked the questions?

Really disappointed and generally fed up with the club in general and the board in particular.

The lack of follow up to the dreadful answers is disappointing. Was there any or was it just the case of reading the questions from a list wand then moving on to the next one?

I know these minutes would have to be agreed by the club and therefore may not give a full representation of what was said but surely those at the meeting should have pressed for better answers, particularly to the question of C1872 having a representative on the board?

I would like to think that more information was disclosed during the meeting, but the minutes/summary are disappointingly presented.

I could fully understand the answers as noted, if C1872 was just another run of the mill supporters association, but it's not. It is a major shareholder in the club and as such it deserves much more detailed answers.

Strikes me that C1872 are a bit too cosy with the board.

I don't think they are, least i hope not. It's mostly a new board save one or two of the ladies who previously served on the old c1872 board, so i can't see it happening so soon?

However it is incumbent of the membership to remind c1872 board to be cordial (where possible) rather than cosy.