Anouncements - Murty and John

Anyone would think they're trying to deflect from something or other.

It’s hard to escape the conclusion that the 2 announcements are unrelated in terms of cash availability for the football team and manager. King will have had the court announcement as a worst case scenario hence the apparent lassitude with respect to managerial appointments. Obviously the sensible thing to do but doesn’t bode well for the long term. At least the TOP is coming to a head and one way or another we will be closer to another share issue or Kings departure (done a good job but unless he’s putting his family fortune into us his time is up).

However the share value of any further issue will be further diluted by the pay back of loans for shares so not sure we will be able to raise much from that either.

I really wish we could do a renaming deal on the stadium and anything else going. I think folk will need to adjust expectations on what is sacred. We desperately need cash to invest in the club and team or we really might become the 3rd force in Scotland.

Edited by Walterbear

There are obviously still be a few questions that need answered about the search for the new manager. Is the pool just not good enough (McInnes excepted) or are we in dialogue with someone with a view to coming in at the end of the season? I think it rules out all of the out of work managers.

In the meantime I’d say it’s about time we rallied behind Murty and get some siege mentality going. Murty is well aware of how the club works and can only get better as a manager. He has done a fairly good job on limited experience and hopefully the support he brings in is of the mentor variety.

I am going to stop listening to the MSM who will sow all sorts of seeds of doubt and support this move. Park the speculation and get on with it now.

Disappointing.

A bit odd to announce this the week after a home defeat to St Johnstone. It would've gone down a lot better after the two Aberdeen matches or even the Hibs match.

You get the feeling the board are either otherwise engaged, skint or haven't a clue what they're doing. Could be all three.

Disappointing.

A bit odd to announce this the week after a home defeat to St Johnstone. It would've gone down a lot better after the two Aberdeen matches or even the Hibs match.

You get the feeling the board are either otherwise engaged, skint or haven't a clue what they're doing. Could be all three.

Probably waited for CoS announcement.

Shocking decision on both parts. Murty only saved from criticism because he is the youth coach stepping up while we appoint a manager. His team's performances in at least 5 of the last 8 games have been utterly atrocious. If he was permanent manager we would be calling for his head by now after the three defeats by Dundee, Hamilton and St Johnstone.

My wrath is not directed at Murty, who is never going to say no when asked to remain in charge of the first team for longer, but at this utterly incompetent board of directors.

On the back of the awful appointment of Pedro, this complete balls-up does not look good for our board at all.

Declan John, after a fantastic start to his career with us at Hamilton, has been pretty rubbish in recent games IMO, (not alone there of course) and I was just talking about him to my mates recently in saying I was glad he was only on loan and that Wallace would hopefully be back soon so we can send him home. I can only hope he is a very cheap backup.