Anouncements - Murty and John

I suppose the honeymoon is over for Murty now, then. In truth the club should have appointed him as soon as McIness knocked us back the first time.

Yes he has impressed in the big games, but failed against Dundee twice, Hamilton, Inverness and St Johnstone. However he has more points than any other SPFL boss over the last 5 matches, & it wasn’t an easy run.

Hopefully the players will try harder now they know he is boss, especially the foreign ones. Or else they can go in the January sales. The important thing is that we bring in quality in several positions. Mark Allen hopefully has players in mind. We don’t need a world class manager to finish ahead of Aberdeen, & the DoF/coach system has worked before at Hearts.

Interim managers have also done well for Chelsea, and also many legendary bosses started as interims. Including a certain Walter Smith. Remember he nearly blew the title by losing 3-0 to Motherwell in his third game in charge?? Didn’t do too badly after that, as I recall..

We all have to get right behind him now. We will lose games and have poor performances, but the club has made a decision and it's our job as supporters to do our bit for him now. Come hell or high water, we must all unite behind him.

At last we have stability for rest of season.

Murty has done quite well so far and now with the announcement he can set out his plan and the players are no longer in limbo regards the situation.Hopefully he will do the business and if he does it to a premium make next summer a quiet period regards management by being appointed permanently.

Good luck Murts kick some arses.

Overall Murty has done well despite a few baffling results.

He strikes me as someone who will learn a lot.

I hope we all get behind him. If we can't win the league I certainly don't want to finish behind Aberdeen too.

If we were going to win the league this season, which I don't think any Rangers fan believed we would!, then we would have been in a better position than we are now under PC and so PC would never have been sacked!.

I was never wanting McInnes, but would have backed him and so I will back Murty the same and whoever comes in as manager!, because that is what fans do, is McInnes so much better than Murty?, I'm not convinced so maybe it is the right decision by the board?, time will tell on that!.

In the meantime all the fans can do is keep supporting the team and I am certain that is what will happen.