Jimmy Nicholl new number 2

Didn't see a topic: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42522424

It's a sign of how far we've fallen that I'm actually somewhat upbeat about this appointment. Hugely experienced and I'd rather have him as manager than what we have. Yes, I would far rather have the Falkirk number 2 as our manager. Plus, supposedly Lee McCulloch was the other candidate being looked at :awesome:

Can you imagine a year ago though if we were to be told we'd have the two Jimmys in charge in one year time? What we have is much worse than that.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I think its a good appointment under the circumstances - whether you look at Nicholl's experience, reputation and/or character, it makes perfect sense given where we are and how Murty appears to be getting on. I think you're under-estimating the role an assistance manager has to play Magic Hat, whether its in the day to day handling of practical stuff like training, bouncing ideas off the manager or even man management where its often very beneficial to have different sorts of characters to interact with players.

You can argue that we should be aiming higher, we deserve better etc, but we are where we are.

Edited by ascender

Considering it could be for 4 or 5 months (unless the new manager wants to keep JN) then I think its the exact type of No.2 we need. Plenty experience, knows the club, a bit no-nonsense, seems to be good at man management with individuals, and will help Murty improve.

He has just come off being assistant manager with the successful Northern Ireland side at the 2016 Euros. It’s a good appointment and a sensible stabilising approach in my eyes.

He knows the club inside out and is a Rangers man. He also won’t take any nonsense. Great addition alongside Murty.

Edited by cooponthewing