Halliday returns

Like many, I don't know what position he plays in. However, I'm really happy for him that he's back.

He might not be the most talented, but he certainly is one of the most committed. Especially at Ibrox, we are seriously lacking in commitment, Ross McCrorie aside.

I'm looking forward to seeing him back in action.

13 hours ago, pete said:

I am afraid we do not have 1 player who is Rangers standard these days.

Miller and Kranjcar at their peak would be, perhaps Alves although hasnt shown it. Morelos is on the right track.

I think we have a few players that could have played as backup in our better teams of the past. Is Tav any worse than a Whittiker or Cleland/Bolland? McCrorie looks to have the potential to be a worthy Rangers player but it's early days. Nico at his best would have been good enough for sure, and if our young Morelos stays long enough and improves (as at 21 he is certainly not the finished article yet) then we may have another.

The problem is that with the very best quality of player we have in our current squad, this would have been the supplements to our previous squads to add to the quality players we had for these guys to play around. Our poorer players are so far behind the required standard that our overall quality is sadly miles behind other eras.

There's a few players in there who have the potential to go on to become great players for us I think. For all their critics, and I do think we're far too harsh on our own at times... I really rate Tav, Foderingham and McCorie for example. Morelos is showing great potential. Jack could go far too. Even Candeias does a lot right and is creating chances - if we had a more experienced goalscorer up there alongside Morelos things could be very different.

I still think that we have the basis of a good team here - the squad's consistency (at being inconsistent) under a few managers now is making it very hard to be optimistic and I can imagine its not doing much for the players' confidence either. That's why I am liking some of the players we seem to be targeting at the moment and even the move to bring in Jimmy Nicholl.  I guess you could see it as uninspiring, or you could see it as a realisation we need to stabilise and get the basics right first.