Academy welcomes new coaches

2 minutes ago, chilledbear said:

Been hoping we would see KT join the Academy Coaching Staff eventually.

Me too mate.

the bonus for me personally is that my son still gets to continue his sessions with KT’s own academy - none of my kid’s sessions will be affected.

win-win for me personally.  And definitely a win for the club.  KT is very ambitious, won’t surprise me to see him climbing the ladder within the club fairly swiftly.

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Some very interesting appointments there.

You only need to listen to KT speak to hear his passion about the club so it can only be a good thing he's involved.

Some will no doubt be suggesting that recent coaching recruitments are "jobs for the boys" as has been suggested in the past.  However, if you look at the appointments of Vignal, Lovenkrands and Thomson they all have their coaching badges.  Not sure about Vignal but Lovenkrands and Thomson both have their A licences which actually makes them more qualified than the vast majority of coaches within the Academy of both us AND Celtic.

Seems to me that the Club are, rightly, starting to follow the Spanish route whereby the best, most qualified coaches (A license and pro license) are the ones entrusted to develop the children - the vast majority of A license coaches in Spain coach the kids whereas in the UK the vast majority of A license coaches actually coach the adults which, in my opinion, is virtually pointless - too late by that point in time to "teach old dogs new tricks".  Get the best coaches teaching the kids the proper techniques and develop them into how to understand the game and do the basics perfectly.

10 minutes ago, elfideldo said:

It is also interesting to note that Rangers U17's will travel to Ajax for a game and will take on RB Leipzig at Runcorn Town within the next 10 days.

Any specific reason that is "interesting" elfi ?