Is The Billy Boys Song Banned?

Now it becomes clearer why that lot get away with singing their bile. These recommendations (that’s all they appear to be) are only applied to us. 

However, it’s certain words within this particular song they will highlight. As it appears those who advocate legislation (the current administration for example) have decided it’s only words that offend catholics that are deemed sectarian. The non criminalisation of the derogatory and racist term H@n being an example used for Protestants.

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Now it becomes clearer why that lot get away with singing their bile. These recommendations (that’s all they appear to be) are only applied to us. 

However, it’s certain words within this particular song they will highlight. As it appears those who advocate legislation (the current administration for example) have decided it’s only words that offend catholics that are deemed sectarian. The non criminalisation of the derogatory and racist term H@n being an example used for Protestants.

Completely agree. It is very strange how the term “h*n”, given it’s obvious source from NI, is constantly argued as non-sectarian, whilst fenian, which is terms for this Irish Brotherhood who were multi-faith, is termed sectarian.

On 14 January 2018 at 12:54, StuGers said:

Completely agree. It is very strange how the term “h*n”, given it’s obvious source from NI, is constantly argued as non-sectarian, whilst fenian, which is terms for this Irish Brotherhood who were multi-faith, is termed sectarian.

It is not strange or difficult to understand at all. Since Holyrood was set up & when you look at those now in charge it is self-explanatory.

They hate us & favour them because they'll get more votes from them. And to get those votes they produce anti-Rangers legislation.

On 14 January 2018 at 13:14, colinstein said:

if we sing it at Uefa games we'll be sanctioned as we have been before. At other games as long as you miss out the offending line I can't see how it can be banned

Maybe we'll just get a slap on the wrist like Celtic do every season. UEFA are a joke of an organisation

No songs are banned under Scottish legislation. Certain words, phrases, intent, can lead to prosecutions under the SNP's anti-football fan act (I know its not called that but that is effectively what it is).

The police and leading legal people behind the act consistently refused to be drawn into making up a list, simply because they knew that as soon as you had a list a new song would be sung, very similar to the banned ones, that were not on the list, and make a mockery of the banned list. I got that straight from them in meetings I had with them when this was being brought in, so its not hearsay or my opinion.