Is The Billy Boys Song Banned?

5 hours ago, colinstein said:

think the point was abuse is not confined to Celtic or the Catholic church. 

The scale of abuse that has arguably been taking place within that religious sect is beyond comprehension or comparison. It may have been taking place within the biggest religion worldwide. On a scale that makes whatever is  alledged to have occurred at Westminster look miniature in comparison (although any alleged crime of this nature is equally distressing).

Edited by cooponthewing

Honestly, I had to laugh when this came up.

People will remember that since the turn of the year and that rather positive Old firm game, we've been hit on a nigh daily basis with all sorts of rubbish, defamation, half-truths and downright lies. Be that Agathe, Sutton being almost run over, further EBT babble, some admin-betting stuff, the movie producer facing death threats and whatnot.

It was only natural that some bampot would dig up this debate about TBB or any "offensive" song right now. For - in all honesty - where have these people been these last 5 months? At nigh any Rangers game, mostly away, the full list of songs was aired, be it TBB, FF with all addons and every loyalist song there is. And there was hardly a whisper in the media, both printed and on air/TV. Mostly because of the bile that was levelled against us from the opposition, not least the hooped hordes. And now, that we are outside Scotland some people suddenly remember what is being sung? Laughable.

As for the Bill above ... I have no problem with it, IF it is used impartially and against - or for - anyone. It was no doubt whipped up after a long standing campaign from the grey-green hordes, only to backfire on them when some police folk and judges suddenly targetted their IRA pro terrorist bile as well. Instantly, the victim card came out and they campaigned against it ... feeling oppressed again and their right of expression and freedom of speech endangered. They are so beyond it that it beggars belief.

Still, while there sure is a certain context involved in all these songs, and most are or were essentially only considered naughty/cynic banter amongst wrath-filled supporters, I see no need to keep them up and belt into the air that you want to walk in someone else's blood ... or indeed piss off members of a different faith by insulting their head honcho and his seat of power. For that lead to the UEFA charge and banning of TBB and FTP, which should be rather clear to anyone.

1 hour ago, cooponthewing said:

The scale of abuse that has arguably been taking place within that religious sect is beyond comprehension or comparison. It may have been taking place within the biggest religion worldwide. On a scale that makes whatever is  alledged to have occurred at Westminster look miniature in comparison (although any alleged crime of this nature is equally distressing).

Wars have been declared on governments who have caused less damage to populations than that particular organisation has  been carrying out for hundreds of years,

11 hours ago, Bill said:

There are several very good reasons why singing TBB at games is a desirable thing. Firstly and most importantly, it is quite simply the most powerful and inspiring chant in football, for the benefit of both the support and the team. Secondly, it really pisses off our rivals of all colours who have striven for years to deprive us of our war cry. Thirdly, it irritates the hell out of the pontificating hand wringers who for some reason have decided to set up their sanctimonious shop among us. Fourthly, it gets under the skin of ScotNats who depend more and more on the votes of their Irish republican friends.

For years I've listened to a certain brand of Rangers fan evangelising against TBB, doing the work of our enemies and wallowing in homemade moralising tripe. I'm sure many will remember at the time the dreadful lies spread about this by prominent fans' "representatives", keen to trade integrity for accommodation by Murray as he tried desperately to sanitise a support he neither understood nor gave a shit about.

There's more to TBB than fenian blood. It has become emblematic of a divided and fractious support who grow increasingly confused about the club's heritage.

That last bit gives you the idea that we are some sort of branch of the Freemasons or the like, the footballing arm of the Orange Order and last bastion of the Protestant faith in Scotland.

People can sure have their own opinions about that, yet, it is one of the defining trademarks of Christian faiths (no matter which sort it is) that certain factions have their own opinion about what is right ... and that this is the only right way. If you question that or deviate from that line of thinking, you are brandmarked a "heretic" and/or someone "out of touch with the club's heritage". Suum cuique, but I for one like to define my own opinion about how I support my team and why I do that and sure don't like being told what is right or what sort of "heritage" the club has, a "heritage" that has clearly been not prevalent at the club itself for the best part of 30 years.

8 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Nope. On a thread asking if TBB Is banned I see no reason to bring ones political predujuces into it.

I'm not arguing with that -- I agree. I'm stating it happens from both sides of the political spectrum, on many different threads.