Is The Billy Boys Song Banned?

12 hours ago, Frankie said:

With the OBAF Act now about to be repealed and the Labour party, amongst others, in the pocket of Jeannette Findlay et al, you can expect a renewed attack on this song and others when it is sung.

No-one can know what ever fan is meaning when they use words like ****** but, in Scotland at least, it's arguably a lost cause if you want to use it.  And, in the context of TBB at a football ground, you run the risk of arrest and having your life ruined if you do.

Worse, if NbM and others get their way re: strict liability, then the club will also be punished.

They have to take it across the board though and make it black and white as to why its banned and why upon individuals (Rangers fans). Else Hearts and man utd to name a few cant sing the same song. You just cant impose that.

I would say there is far other worse songs sung at grounds than the billy boys. IMO it was a plane attack by others simply because they know its almost a 12th man song. Its almost like Gers fans bidding to get Hail Hail banned.

Tims can sing what they want, as far as I'm concerned.

Take the wind-ups/tribalism/banter/rivalry out of football and it gets more stale.  You can see that already in the EPL - no atmosphere 95% of the time.  

Only people online seem bothered by football songs - I've never once encountered someone complaining about songs on a supporter's bus (other than the driver), in the pub before a match or at a match itself.