Is The Billy Boys Song Banned?

2 minutes ago, Barrheadboy said:

Actually I would suggest if that is your criteria you look at Westminster Palace where not only a pedo ring has been discovered and covered up for decades, but also murdering of children ,so it must be contradictory for lovers of Britannia that hate Church of Rome for same crime don’t you think?

That, I believe, was a story debunked as the product of a particularly fecund fantasist. 

25 minutes ago, Barrheadboy said:

Actually I would suggest if that is your criteria you look at Westminster Palace where not only a pedo ring has been discovered and covered up for decades, but also murdering of children ,so it must be contradictory for lovers of Britannia that hate Church of Rome for same crime don’t you think?

Didn't take much to get you going.  

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

but it's not about Billy Fullarton........that's tim lies. The origin is Buffalo Bill's wild west show which camped out in Dennistoun just a walk away from Brig'ton down Bellgrove street. William Codey is known to have watch the 'gers when the rodeo visited Glasgow. When the time came to move on some native Americans had already sampled the delights of Brig'tons wee herries and stayed put. They were known as "Billy's Boys". That's the origin which I swear is true

Sorry but I don't believe that's got anything to do with the song. 

1 hour ago, Barrheadboy said:

Does anyone actually think these songs and messages to the Pontiff at the end of many of the ditties actually enhance  the reputation of our club, our city ,our country?

If these songs and chants are not offensive would you encourage parents to introduce these phrases and sayings as they are teaching their babies to speak?

Does anyone actually think that any of these people from the foreign countries we visit where we stand in their town centers singing about being ‘up to our knees’ and ending with a good Fuck the Pope makes people think ‘Wow that’s impressive I want my children and grandchildren to be associated with that.

I want Rangers to be their Scottish team,and I want our local team belting out bigotry like that.

We must all go to Scotland for our holidays these people make it sound so welcoming,so open, so tolerant ,so 17th Century.

It is an embarrassment ,it as outdated as sending children down the mines,it was once acceptable ,as was drink driving,the world has moved on it is time some in our support did likewise.

These songs harm the club you profess to love so much they add nothing to the club but negative opinions and publicity.

We have enough people looking to attack us at every turn ,stop giving them easy hits. 

I will sort of agree with you here. I definitely think we could definitely lose the FTP stuff. I also feel zero affiliation with the NI stuff. However stuff like TBB doesn’t offend me. As far as I’m concerned, songs about people who reside in yet hate our country aren’t offensive.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Sorry but I don't believe that's got anything to do with the song. 

I always thought it was to do with Billy Whizz from the Beano.  

Pssst, whisper it but I think colinstein was having a laugh.  

29 minutes ago, Barrheadboy said:

How is being pro-British anything to do with the actions of MPs?

There are several very good reasons why singing TBB at games is a desirable thing. Firstly and most importantly, it is quite simply the most powerful and inspiring chant in football, for the benefit of both the support and the team. Secondly, it really pisses off our rivals of all colours who have striven for years to deprive us of our war cry. Thirdly, it irritates the hell out of the pontificating hand wringers who for some reason have decided to set up their sanctimonious shop among us. Fourthly, it gets under the skin of ScotNats who depend more and more on the votes of their Irish republican friends.

For years I've listened to a certain brand of Rangers fan evangelising against TBB, doing the work of our enemies and wallowing in homemade moralising tripe. I'm sure many will remember at the time the dreadful lies spread about this by prominent fans' "representatives", keen to trade integrity for accommodation by Murray as he tried desperately to sanitise a support he neither understood nor gave a shit about.

There's more to TBB than fenian blood. It has become emblematic of a divided and fractious support who grow increasingly confused about the club's heritage.

4 hours ago, Barrheadboy said:

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

There are several very good reasons why singing TBB at games is a desirable thing. Firstly and most importantly, it is quite simply the most powerful and inspiring chant in football, for the benefit of both the support and the team. Secondly, it really pisses off our rivals of all colours who have striven for years to deprive us of our war cry. Thirdly, it irritates the hell out of the pontificating hand wringers who for some reason have decided to set up their sanctimonious shop among us. Fourthly, it gets under the skin of ScotNats who depend more and more on the votes of their Irish republican friends.

There's more to TBB than fenian blood. It has become emblematic of a divided and fractious support who grow increasingly confused about the club's heritage.

Well said, Bill!

Edited by Gonzo79