Is The Billy Boys Song Banned?

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

.1. I've always thought it related to Billy Fullerton

2. If "fen'ian" has never described someone's religion, why has it been used so much to describe RCs who have never publicly expressed Irish republican views? Of course it's used as a derogatory term for RCs. I may not use it as such, you may not as such and it may be incorrect to use it in that way, but it is used to describe RCs. I've even heard Spanish opposition being called "fen'ian" at Ibrox. It's the same argument as those who use the H word to mean Rangers fans. There may be some  who do, but there is a huge chunk of people who use it as a derogatory term for Protestant.

Until the use of it to describe RCs is eliminated, the use of the word will continue to be criticised.

Unlike the use of the word h@n which is perfectly legitimate in the eyes of our authorities. 

12 hours ago, Bearman said:

Personally speaking, as a young Rangers fan growing up and singing this song every week, I thought I was singing in praise of King Billy and I was one of 'The Billy Boys'.

I'm not sure how long ago it was when I 'learned' it was to do with a guy called Billy Fullerton, but I was much much older. Honest!

Btw, The Billy Boys of Fullerton fame never committed one murder, the f****ns murdered many, just saying.

I am with you on this Bearman. I was always under the impression it was King Billy and we were The Billy Boys. It doesn’t matter as we all know the mhanky mob in the media are at it and massaging the narrative.

Edited by cooponthewing

With the OBAF Act now about to be repealed and the Labour party, amongst others, in the pocket of Jeannette Findlay et al, you can expect a renewed attack on this song and others when it is sung.

No-one can know what ever fan is meaning when they use words like fenian but, in Scotland at least, it's arguably a lost cause if you want to use it.  And, in the context of TBB at a football ground, you run the risk of arrest and having your life ruined if you do.

Worse, if NbM and others get their way re: strict liability, then the club will also be punished.

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

With the OBAF Act now about to be repealed and the Labour party, amongst others, in the pocket of Jeannette Findlay et al, you can expect a renewed attack on this song and others when it is sung.

No-one can know what ever fan is meaning when they use words like ****** but, in Scotland at least, it's arguably a lost cause if you want to use it.  And, in the context of TBB at a football ground, you run the risk of arrest and having your life ruined if you do.

Worse, if NbM and others get their way re: strict liability, then the club will also be punished.

The problem we have is the “Ultras” who don’t care if their behaviour damages the club.

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... then again, it is the 21st century. If people would invest a minimal amont of resources and equipment, these chaps can be identified within days.

You do realise Police stand filming Rangers fans at every away match.  

Never mind real crime, let's arrest people for singing a nasty song at the football.  Stats look better.  

50 minutes ago, barca72 said:

Can someone explain to me which ethnic grouping or religious belief system this represents?

DUt41mzWsAAKAcv.jpg

It represents a very peculiar and unique brand of Scots and Ulster residents, who fantasise about terrorism, need constant love and attention and align themselves with any political movement around the world that looks trendy upon any given day.  In short, thick cretins.

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

It's not just Ultras that want to sing allegedly banned songs.

Ah, get what you’re saying. I was just talking about the nutters in general, not UB in particular although they do ftp and Bobby Sands at every home game.