Man City pull out of Sanchez bid

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Frankly J-J, I don't care about Arsenal, but it looks like any Sanchez deal, now, will involve a cash hit. 

A buyer's market it would seem.

Most definitely. 

Arsenal should never have been in this situation, though. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Most definitely. 

Arsenal should never have been in this situation, though. 

An Arsene arse up, I think.

I wonder if "Boydie" will castigate Man Citeh for not paying the going rate?

13 hours ago, Gazza_8 said:

I really hope he doesn't end up signing for Man Utd but it's looking that way.

I hope he does. i think he will start well but go off the boil after 6-12 months. His body has to catch up with him as he has played so much football (every summer for 5 years), he has maybe peaked and Arsenal will have had the best out of him.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

So it's a straight swap? Man Utd have got the better end of that deal.

I actually disagree.  He was in the last 6 months of his contract and could quite easily have signed a pre-contract at City (or a host of other clubs) and left for free in the summer.  Arsenal wouldn't be a CL team with OR without him in the team IMO - so nothing gained or lost there.  Utd's position won't change either - they won't catch City and they are a CL team.

End result was either lose him for free in the summer, keep him until the summer and know there is the distinct possibility he becomes a disruptive influence in the dressing room... OR..... sell him and get a player who cost Utd 27-30 million less than 2 years ago.

Arsenal got the better end of the deal if you look at it financially - in terms of playing personnel it is obvious Utd got the better end of the deal - however, players in the last 6 months of their contract are worth nowhere near their REAL value.

Arsenal got the better end of the deal financially.