Fighting for second? Not if we have the correct mindset...

Some positive chest-thumping there in the article, and there is a lot to be positive about with our January window to date.

But, and its a huge but, the one position we are not going to improve on in this window is the one position we need addressed more than any other, THE MANAGER!!

We have absolutely no chance of overhauling celtic, and will be lucky to finish second, with Murty in charge. He is capable of pulling off a decent result or two against the bigger teams where we can sit in and defend, but our results against the lesser sides in our league has been abysmal.

Yes our results against the lesser teams has been abysmal,but that can be tempered by the poor signings made by Caxinho,and granted some have come with Murty in charge.

However with the signings made plus the renewed zest of the squad,we should be in no place to condemn Murty and wait now to see how HIS squad continues forward.

25 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Some positive chest-thumping there in the article, and there is a lot to be positive about with our January window to date.

But, and its a huge but, the one position we are not going to improve on in this window is the one position we need addressed more than any other, THE MANAGER!!

We have absolutely no chance of overhauling celtic, and will be lucky to finish second, with Murty in charge. He is capable of pulling off a decent result or two against the bigger teams where we can sit in and defend, but our results against the lesser sides in our league has been abysmal.

You're right but I'm hoping we're addressing the poor results by bringing in more/better attacking players.

Pains me to admit it, but I agree with @Tannochsidebear ... :D 

I really don't see it; specifically, I can't see Murty doing it. Technically, we're always going for the title, but realistically it's still a wee bit off. 

The window thus far has been great -- credit to Murty and Allen -- but I'm not convinced.

I had long given up on the title at this stage last season and just a few weeks prior to this window had given up on it and was looking for second.  But not now.  We could/should have been beaten the yahoos in their own cesspit and the second half display against Brazilian champions Corinthians was impressive indeed.

Plus I have said several times before on these forums that a single player or two can transform a side which is exactly more or less what happened to the yahoos in Rogers first season.  During this transfer window we have already brought in not just a player or two but a handful of players who can make a major transformative difference with the prospect of even more to come.

I'm massively encouraged and now looking to go on an extended unbeaten run while all around us stutter as they and admittedly us too till this point have all season.  We're the team of this window,  the only story worth talking about.

Number 55 is assuredly a tall order at this stage but not mere fantasy.

Not sure what's going on. It's like mass hysteria in the Rangers support right now. Is it just because the signings aren't foreign?

Can't be standard of the players that's for sure. Some very poor players brought back and in, yet resulting in talk of winning leagues! Christ I'm not sure how these players can cement second nevermind win???

Here's hoping the cool aid effect rubs off on the team and they play with some confidence.

Methinks, a large portion of the feel-good factor comes not from the signings, but from the showing of our players at the Scumhut. IF we apply ourself in all games as we did there and the new signings, not least Murphy and Cummings click sooner rather than later, it could well be interesting times ahead.

Make no mistake, a slip-up against Fraserburgh will see a complete turnaround. That said, the Yahoos have been far from the impressive side of last season, and without wanting to tempt fate, it remains to be seen whether they start another non-stop unbeaten run either. This is the time of the year where you have to fight for every win on soggy pitches and on cold and rainy nights  ... and our British recruits are well suited to that. Indeed, all recruits offer more options than the players who "failed" against St. Johnstone, Killie, Dundee et al.

Let's wait till the end of February then and look how things unfold. Luckily enough, fixtures come thick and fast.