[FT] Fraserburgh 0 - 3 Rangers (Windass 15pen, 55, 67)

On 20/01/2018 at 17:38, MacK1950 said:

With the sheep winning today and us not having a run out now the postponement is bad news,as the game would have given us the chance to see how the new guys "gel"in a competitive game.

Although covers were borrowed I believe they were "snow covers"and IMO would be rendered useless in stopping a frozen pitch.

It appears they were offered "proper" covers from Arbroath but for some reason did not take up the offer, by the time they realised the severity of the situation they were fighting a losing battle despite all the effort from 120 local volunteers.

Sky have yet to confirm if they will televise the rescheduled fixture or not.

Dear Ian

Thank you for your e-mail.

The rescheduled game is due to be televised by sky.

Kind Regards,  Liz

Liz Miller | Supporter Services

T 0871 702 1972 | F 0141 580 8504
[http://www.rangers.co.uk%20(calls%20cost%2013p%20per%20minute%20plus%20network%20extras)]www.rangers.co.uk (calls cost 13p per minute plus network extras)

21 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Dear Ian

Thank you for your e-mail.

The rescheduled game is due to be televised by sky.

Kind Regards,  Liz

Liz Miller | Supporter Services

T 0871 702 1972 | F 0141 580 8504
[http://www.rangers.co.uk%20(calls%20cost%2013p%20per%20minute%20plus%20network%20extras)]www.rangers.co.uk (calls cost 13p per minute plus network extras)

It will be, provided Fraserburgh improve the floodlighting.

• Frankie changed the title to Fraserburgh P - P Rangers: (Replay 31st January - Live on Sky)

The real Bryan Hay is one of our own.

WHO NEEDS GARETH BALE?

Fraserburgh-daft farmer supports local team with GIANT hay mascot ahead of Scottish Cup clash with Rangers

Mike Reid has built his very own Bryan Hay to support his team in the upcoming match

PICTURED
By Rachel Macpherson
28th January 2018, 2:28 pm

Updated: 28th January 2018, 2:51 pm

WHO needs Gareth Bale? Fraserburgh have their own new mascot Bryan HAY.

As the town gears up for the Rangers vs Fraserburgh match later this week, this farmer has created his own hilarious way of supporting the local team.

Farmer Mike Reid showed support for the local team by building his own player

JASON NICOL
Farmer Mike Reid showed support for the local team by building his own player

Mike Reid, 44, has fashioned his own player – who shares its name with the REAL Fraserburgh star Bryan Hay – from bales to cheer on supporters and his side in the Scottish Cup clash this Wednesday.

Mike said: “We created him out round straw bales and then stacked them up.

“A friend did the face and my pal Graham made the strip for it.

“Ronald Anderson gave us permission to put it on his land, on the way into Fraserburgh.

Fraserburgh vs Rangers: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off and team news

“We’re just trying to support the local team.

“If I support them, maybe they’ll support their local dairy farm.”

It comes after fans were left heartbroken when the cup clash was cancelled last weekend due to bad weather conditions.

But Mike reveals that the town are now abuzz ahead of the match with businesses decked out to support the team.

The player was built in the entrance to Fraserburgh

JASON NICOL
The player was built in the entrance to Fraserburgh

Mike said: “It’s a great atmosphere in the town.

“It was a shame it was called off last Sunday for the frost. It was a real team effort to try and make sure it went ahead, but we couldn’t keep the pitch from freezing.

“Not a lot happens in Fraserburgh, so people are excited about the match.”

Unfortunately, Mike won’t be able to attend the game on Wednesday. But he admits he might try to catch it on the telly.

He said: “I won’t be at the game because I’ll be working.

“But I might try and catch it on the telly if I’m fast.”

We previously revealed how Fraserburgh chairman Finlay Noble was left heartbroken after the match was cancelled.