If we're brave and there is enough movement, then we still 'should' be able to create something on the overloaded side. 

Our CB's are actually good at the long ball -- Alves, and Wilson in particular, can hit a pass accurately. The short passes could work too, to switch the play.

Docherty is a different type of player to Jack: Docherty is more of a Holt, I think; energetic, attack-focused. He could be useful for using his pace and energy to run into the under-loaded side, as with Holt, Murphy, etc. 

4 minutes ago, onevision said:

O'Halloran reminds me of Ally Scott (remember him?) who would receive the ball then run like the wind down the wing with no end result.

Ally has a First Class Honours Degree in Natural Philosophy(Physics to mere mortals). Thus, at least Ally knew the why and where for of his mass, movement, velocity, ....etc on a friction compensated plane. I argued that Michael's troubles were as a result of a false starting position in each phase of play; however, in light of his unprofessional refusal to attend a development game, I would be happy for Ally to propel Michael across a friction compensated plane.

Ally attended a Rugby playing school and should have stuck with egg chasing. 

I think Murty really didn't have much of a choice when he was playing the 4-4-2 diamond formation, which happened to be Caixinhas favoured set up over all the clubs he's tried to manage and therefore Murty was left with a team brought together to play such a formation. Murty did however manage to gel that team in that formation with a lot more success than Pedro ever did. I look forward to seeing how Murty continues to improve the squad now he's bringing on his type of player. 

Edited by Alex
Misspelled