Under 20s defeat Bayern Munich in Germany

Sometimes you have to look behind the bare result, the game in Lisbon against Benfica was pretty much a reserve Benfica 19's. This was totally different and the Bayern squad was pretty much their Champions Youth League squad. So a good performance and result from the young Rangers side.

A google translate version of the Bayern report on the game.

The U19 and U17 FC Bayern graduated on Saturday test games on campus. For the A-juniors it was against the Glasgow Rangers, the B-youth received the FC Memmingen. The game reports.

U19 is subject to the Rangers
A Test match defeat had to accept the U19 of Bayern on Saturday. A week before the start of the season at 1. FC Heidenheim the team of coach Sebastian Hoeneß defeated the offspring of the Glasgow Rangers. On the campus, the Scots beat FCB 1: 2 (1: 1). "It was a very good test against a strong opponent after intensive preparation in recent weeks. Now it's time to get the necessary freshness for the kick-off next week, "Hoeness said after the match.

The Bayern coach let his team act in a 4-1-4-1 system. In a fast-paced game, the Munich caught the better start. Ten minutes were played when Top goalscorer Manuel Wintzheimer could bring the home side 1-0 in the lead. However, ten minutes before the break, Rangers equalized in the person of Liam Burt.

In the second game, the game remained intense. There were opportunities on both sides now and then. The best chance for the FCB had Oliver Batista Meier, who forced with a free-kick from 20 meters Rangers goalkeeper Jaden Mc Adams to a brilliant act (60.). Glasgow was awarded a penalty in the 67th minute. Stephen Kelly converted to 1: 2 from Bayern view. As a result, the Munich tried to equalize, but the 2: 2 did not want to succeed.

Lineup FCB-U19: Hoffmann - Rausch (46th Savior), May, Nitzl (46th Lungwitz), Meier (62nd Nitzl) - Zaiser (46th Pudic) - Jeong (46th Kollmann), Shabani, Pudic (30th) Jelisic), Batista Meier (62nd D 'Almeida) - Wintzheimer (46th Zylla)

Goals: 1: 0 Wintzheimer (10th), 1: 1 Burt (35th), 1: 2 Kelly (57./Foulelfmeter)

7 minutes ago, elfideldo said:

I have never lost my passion for the youth games, I did lose my passion for the blog due to one or two issues. A few conversations this pre-season convinced me to keep it going for now.

Good - as it's a fantastic resource.  :)