Colts in SPFL next year?

5 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Depends how you measure the success.

Spanish football might be more competitive if the big teams didn't have this advantage.

The purpose of the 'B' teams in the Spanish professional leagues is to bring through young players; in that regard it is most definitely successful. 

I appreciate the reservations, but I think anything to help bring through young players is beneficial.

19 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Depends how you measure the success.

Spanish football might be more competitive if the big teams didn't have this advantage.

I can appreciate your interest in the greater good, and I agree to some extent.  However the biggest part of me just wants what's best for Rangers, and if that gives us an advantage over the others (except Celtic), then BRILLIANT!

Great idea every professional I have listened to say that playing against bigger stronger opponents in a competitive setup is the best way to improve youngsters. Hopefully we can still arrange the odd game against higher calibre opposition to see where the boys are in terms of development and if this approach will bare fruit.

12 hours ago, Rousseau said:

The purpose of the 'B' teams in the Spanish professional leagues is to bring through young players; in that regard it is most definitely successful. 

I appreciate the reservations, but I think anything to help bring through young players is beneficial.

Yes, and this is why I don't want it to happen.

Improving youth development is a means to an end.  I think that end is to improve Scottish football.  There are lots of ways to improve youth development but this particular one will also damage Scottish football.  It makes no sense to me.

Youth development should be improved but not at any cost.

12 hours ago, Gaffer said:

However the biggest part of me just wants what's best for Rangers, and if that gives us an advantage over the others (except Celtic), then BRILLIANT!

I don't think ourselves and that lot need more advantage.  

12 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I can appreciate your interest in the greater good, and I agree to some extent.  However the biggest part of me just wants what's best for Rangers, and if that gives us an advantage over the others (except Celtic), then BRILLIANT!

I'm not really interested in any 'greater good'.  My argument is totally self interested.  I want Scottish football to be competitive and, dare I say it, interesting.  I do pay to watch it.

Both clubs already have massive advantages over the competition.

How many more do we need?