The BBC boycott of Rangers – over two years and counting

Part of the problem in this instance is the Club's ridiculously ham fisted approach to PR, it's a self defeating strategy that has been going on for decades and is essentially a tool for defending individuals rather than the Club itself.

We need to bite the bullet and employ a real PR company one with the gravitas that when they call the heidyins in the BBC (London as Glasgow is a lost cause) the call is taken and taken seriously at that.

David Burnside ticks virtually every box there is in what we need in regards to PR.

I have a degree of sympathy in regards to Traynor as his remit is clearly limited but allied to that is the fact that he's way out of his depth on this one.

I find it bizarre that those on our board who are clearly intelligent people cannot see the damage being done by the lack of a proper functioning PR set up.

They are supposed to be a public broadcaster but I find now as a person who can't get out and about much I rely on the wireless for the games if it's not on satellite television and guess what there's hardly coverage of our matches ,got a damn good idea to stop paying !y licence fee .

I despise the BBC from top to bottom. I hate its cloying politics. I hate its leftist bullshit and I hate its determination to influence public opinion rather than inform. However, the only place to hit the BBC is to join the campaign to abolish the licence fee. The BBC in its current form will never change, the only way to get it to respect the British public is to knock its financial crutch out from under it.

What BBC Scotland do or don't do with respect to Rangers is so petty and ineffectual that it surprises me anyone even notices it any more. I really couldn't give a damn whether the BBC mentions Rangers in its reports or not. It really has no importance to how I feel about Rangers and it should have no importance to Rangers in relation to implementing a recovery plan. There are times when I even feel it's a backhanded compliment to be ignored by the BBC. Of course any outright lies should be challenged but surely we don't rely on kind word from the BBC to bolster our esteem as Rangers supporters.

17 hours ago, ian1964 said:

The BBC are an absolute disgrace of an organisation and it is even worse if you try and complain!. The TV license/tax should be abolished.

As I said above:

Ofcom and the BBC

29 March 2017

Effective from 3 April 2017, Ofcom became the BBC's first external regulator.

As required under the BBC’s Royal Charter, Ofcom developed an 'Operating Framework' for the BBC, covering regulation of the BBC’s performance, compliance with content standards and impact on competition.

This page gathers together consultations, regulatory statements, news releases and other useful information relating to Ofcom and the BBC. It covers the period from September 2016 when the draft Charter and Agreement were published, until 3 April 2017 when the transfer of regulation became effective.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/bbc-operating-framework/ofcom-and-the-bbc

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

As I said above:

Ofcom and the BBC

29 March 2017

Effective from 3 April 2017, Ofcom became the BBC's first external regulator.

As required under the BBC’s Royal Charter, Ofcom developed an 'Operating Framework' for the BBC, covering regulation of the BBC’s performance, compliance with content standards and impact on competition.

This page gathers together consultations, regulatory statements, news releases and other useful information relating to Ofcom and the BBC. It covers the period from September 2016 when the draft Charter and Agreement were published, until 3 April 2017 when the transfer of regulation became effective.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/bbc-operating-framework/ofcom-and-the-bbc

And as has been posted on here previously.... Ian has already been down that route - it took him nigh on a year and included appealing up the hierarchy.  End result was still the same.

It is fruitless.