Rangers 2 (Morelos, Tavernier) v Aberdeen 0

Thought we were excellent tonight all over the park. You could make an argument for 3 or 4 players being man of the match but for me Tav was excellent. Get that boy a new contract. He’s improving defensively as well. All the new boys played well and the team looks a lot more balanced having a natural left winger in the side. Considering they haven’t played a lot of football this season they all stepped up. I thought the sheep were terrible. But that was down to every one of our players doing their job. Last ten mins we were shaky but that was down to Holt moving forward and Halliday playing a position he can’t really play. Need to follow that up and try go on a good run to put pressure on the bheasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First game I've been to in a while....and did it in some style - Corporate Hospitality in the Argyll suite!!!

Thought the new guys did very well - Martin was solid in defence, with both Murphy & Goss putting in good shifts as well.

Windass played very well also, but I think Murty should instruct Windas, Murphy & Candeias to be more direct in their running.  There were multiple times when they received the ball in space, started running then basically stopped & passed squarely.  The problem these days is that most players can't tackle, so when faced with a pacey player running straight at them, they either don't know what to do or they make a silly challenge resulting in a free kick/penalty.  Windass, Murphy & Candeias should be driving towards the box at EVERY opportunity and putting the opposing defenders under pressure which they will struggle to cope with.

Morelos is a handful for defenders - very physical & won't shy away from a challenge.  All willing to run down every ball.  Had a couple of clear chances which he didn't convert....but at least he's getting them in the 1st place.  He certainly wasn't happy when subbed - made his way straight down the tunnel until grabbed into the dugout.

Cummings looked keen, but a wee bit ineffective (more to do with general play at the time I think).  Appears to be much less physical than Morelos, but seems faster and will prove to be tricky for defenders to keep track of.

I think our biggest problem was after the 2nd goal.  We lost a lot of control & allowed Aberdeen back into the match & allowed them more chances (fortunately saved VERY well by Wes).  This may have been more of a result of the delay for the Aberdeen keeper than anything else.  The concern obviously being that better teams would have capitalised more.

All in an good performance....

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Morelos was raging when he came off!

Got his nick-name for a reason. He's young and as Tom Miller said, has to learn that it is a team game and many more matches need to be played. But every player doing well should be disappointed going off. Wouldn't slate him for the chances he missed in the last two games, most were rather difficult or indeed well saved. Just mind what would have happened had Gordon's leg not be as slow as it was at the Scumhut.

Just read the Aberdeen HP's game report and noted ... after 54+ mins

The wet pitch, which was cutting up badly, was making things very difficult for both teams  ...

Methinks much later in the game Tom Miller remarked that the pitch withstood the conditions rather well? Did it?

Otherwise not too red-glassed, IMHO.

https://www.afc.co.uk/report/dons-lose-ibrox/#match-report