Danny Wilson move to Colorado Rapids confirmed

Thing is, we hardly know what sort of wages he is on ... or Tav, Herrera, Pena, Alves et al. Or what we are willing/able to offer. quite improved performances of late ... but on the other hand we do have some cover in his position.

Edited by der Berliner

Delighted if this agent-planted story becomes true. Was happy when he signed but 2.5 years of dross with a few good games theown in just as contract talks are starting is not the sort we want hanging around.

The "Ricksen effect" - play well within yourself (polite talk for garbage) until your deal is nearly up, play your best stuff until your new deal is signed, and then revert back to type.

The only thing wrong in all of this is us offering him a new contract at all, and not trying to move him on for a fee when we moved the other half of the bumble bros (Kiernan) in the summer.

In no huge fan of Martin given his Scotland performances (thats all i've seen of him), but if he is coming in and Wilson is going out and there is not much difference in wages, we have improved the first team for free.

Good move for Danny Wilson, I wish him all the best.
A move to the MLS is a terrible carreeer move for someone that age. Where's his ambitions or is he just chasing the money?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Gazza_8 said:

A move to the MLS is a terrible carreeer move for someone that age. Where's his ambitions or is he just chasing the money?

Just as when he left us first time round, he is chasing the money. I'm not saying that's wrong, but he has consistently shown that figures more highly in his thoughts than his game.

Just as when he left us first time round, he is chasing the money. I'm not saying that's wrong, but he has consistently shown that figures more highly in his thoughts than his game.
It would appear that money trumps ambition for Wilson.