Danny Wilson move to Colorado Rapids confirmed

6 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

A move to the MLS is a terrible carreeer move for someone that age. Where's his ambitions or is he just chasing the money?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think he probably feels he is 3rd choice CB at Rangers at best, and if the rumour about the Brentford CB (Yoanne Barbet?) are true then he would maybe be 4th choice CB, why would he want to stay at Rangers when he would (I imagine) be playing week in week out in America. Also, I would imagine that for his family a move to America  would be a positive thing, maybe it appeals to his wife, and yes I am sure an improved salary is a big incentive. If you were in his shoes would you not do the same?

I think he probably feels he is 3rd choice CB at Rangers at best, and if the rumour about the Brentford CB (Yoanne Barbet?) are true then he would maybe be 4th choice CB, why would he want to stay at Rangers when he would (I imagine) be playing week in week out in America. Also, I would imagine that for his family a move to America  would be a positive thing, maybe it appeals to his wife, and yes I am sure an improved salary is a big incentive. If you were in his shoes would you not do the same?
I'd be looking for a move down south and maybe when I turned 30 I'd consider a move to America.

He obviously thinks he's good enough so make your money in England and then go on a wee jolly to America when you're nearing the end of your career.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

I'd keep Wilson.

Like Ian, I have my doubts over him (his concentration at times is dreadful) but he's also a top class defender when he turns up.  Add in his club-trained status then that's useful for European squads.

I would like us to keep him and play him if we knew when his top class defender attitude was switched on.  The problem is that we just never know and that will cost us.  He has the ability, but not the consistency and that's not good enough for our first eleven.  I don't think he's willing to take a backup role.

We've got Alves, Cardoso, McCrorie, Bates, Martin and even Aidan Wilson playing in his position. We hardly know what his motives are and we hardly know anything about the wage structure in place. Thus, I wouldn't start any sort of conjecture here until we know some facts.

What is this about Yoann Barbet then?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yoann-barbet/profil/spieler/159838

59 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

A move to the MLS is a terrible carreeer move for someone that age. Where's his ambitions or is he just chasing the money?

I made quite a few career moves on the basis of money. If I hadn’t needed the money I’d have sat on a beach somewhere warm and sunny. The point being that to disparage any player for wanting to improve his earnings is unfair and unrealistic. Are you going to pay his mortgage?

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

The fact his contract is ending may indeed by the incentive that has fuelled his good performances of late. It shows that he can reach that level. Moreover, defenders mature later anyway; he's still only 26! 

I would prefer Wilson with one of Alves or Martin as the first-choice pairing; the solid defender, alongside Wilson's play-making abilities. I think Martin will be the third-choice: Alves is too good to leave out, and Wilson is good, but has that experience of knowing what it means to play for Rangers. 

Don't forget Martin can give good cover at right back, rather than just be a third choice CB. That means Tavernier can move forward.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Don't forget Martin can give good cover at right back, rather than just be a third choice CB. That means Tavernier can move forward.

Yes, but I'm not sure Tavernier will be moving position, nor will our formation (to a three-at-the-back) change, any time soon.