Danny Wilson move to Colorado Rapids confirmed

• Frankie changed the title to Danny Wilson move to Colorado Rapids confirmed
16 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I can't imagine we'd get much, if any, of a fee for him.  He only had 4 months left, and is clearly not going to be a first team regular.  I hope we start to become better however at either securing our players on contracts, or selling them while they can still fetch something.  We seem to have allowed him to slip away and that's disappointing.  I'd expect that to be Mark Allen's responsibility from now on, so hopefully he can prevent something similar happening in future.

I am not sure we allowed him to slip away - it is only in the last 6 weeks or so that he has shown any form worthy of offering a new contract.  Prior to that, he was struggling to claim a starting spot.

14 minutes ago, pete said:

Does anyone know who the left sided English defender is who we are supposed to be talking to. At least that is what the guy on Rockradio(?) was talking about with Hugh Burns

Is it that chap from Brentford ?  Yoann someone or other ?

On 28/01/2018 at 11:38, SlimJim said:

Our best left footed centre half. Strange decision as i doubt he’ll win trophies or Scotland caps. Maybe he doesn’t love the game.

That's the thing for me - he offers a balanced left foot option. If he really wanted away then nothing we could do. Plenty of CB's but who' else is left footed?

47 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

That's the big problem nowadays too many players are one footed in their play and as such make too many bad passes or miss goal-scoring chances.

I would say more players are 2 footed these days than in the old days you just don't get the time these days as back in the days