Pacific Quay Musings?

I have intimated previously that BBC Scotland are now in the habit of telephoning the opposition manager post match. We must welcome this, as license fee paying Rangers supporters, we receive greater coverage of events unfolding at Ibrox. Further, why should supporters of the opposition be denied coverage also, just because that Saturday's fixture list pairs them with BBC Scotland's least favourite team.

Thus, since the end of November, we are the beneficiaries of post match interviews with Tommy Wright, Martin Canning, and Owen Coyle. The first two rightfully lionised their teams for deserved wins at Ibrox. Owen utilised the opportunity to complain about a non penalty than only he witnessed. Richard Gordon allowed him full vent. Then, Big Dick's Dandy Dons were battered again, and there was NO post match interview with Derek McInnes. A shame, I would have liked to hear Derek's take on his third consecutive failure this season.

However, today the first post match managerial interview on BBC Radio Scotland today(apart from the 12.30 kick-off) was Neil Lennon. A smug Richard allowed Neil to state today's Hibs victory was up there with ra Sellik's CL defeat of Barca in his managerial feats. Sure, it was a sniggerfest for Big Dick and he enjoyed it enormously. It's such a shame he could NOT bring Derek to the phone.

There you have it, at best BBC Scotland's post match managerial interviews are triumphalistic, and at least a grievance line. When it gets personally tough, Richard doesn't bother.  

It l

When you depend on the radio for your game like I do now due to ill health I have been left disappointed to go lack of coverage from the corporation I have a digital radio and I don find it hard to tune for the other mob radio Clyde .

Edited by Frankie
Offensive term removed

11 hours ago, compo said:

It l

ooks like the BBC Scotland is run by papes for the papes .

When you depend on the radio for your game like I do now due to ill health I have been left disappointed to go lack of coverage from the corporation I have a digital radio and I don find it hard to tune for the other mob radio Clyde .

Sorry to hear that.  Have you informed the BBC or Ofcom of your situation?

15 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I prefer the Swiftian term, 'Yahoo'. 

Which has added piquancy, due to the fact that Swift was, of course, a Dublin man, and actually became Dean of St Patrick's Cathedral there. 

3 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Which has added piquancy, due to the fact that Swift was, of course, a Dublin man, and actually became Dean of St Patrick's Cathedral there. 

Born in the city, and indeed died in the city. Jonathan Swift observed the Yahoos all his life.

At the age of seven, my perfect attendance at the Band of Hope(I signed the pledge) was rewarded with a copy of Swift's, 'Gulliver's Travels', still a favourite. The Tufty Club, my time as a Wolf Cub Sixer, and the Band of Hope have combined to produce the man I am today. A gin soaked squirrel slayer.   

Real undiluted  yahoo-ery would have been observed beyond the Pale. Did Swift ever travel there?

We must -can only- assume that he did, given his description:

"...the most filthy, noisome, and deformed animals which nature ever produced .......

....restive and indocible, mischievous and malicious."